All Discussions Tagged '' (21)

← Back to The OM Writer's Workshop...
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Year's workshop share..forty or fourty ? The changing rules of English...

Consider the following sentences, all real examples taken from the Oxford English Corpus (OEC). Are the words in bold spelled correctly? ?…

Started by Trevor Taylor

2 Jan 5, 2013
Reply by Trevor Taylor

Sharing for New Year 2013 - "Words writers can be thankful for"...

Words we’re thankful for At the Oxford English Dictionary we’re constantly awed and impressed by the breadth and depth of the English lang…

Started by Trevor Taylor

0 Dec 28, 2012

Todays share - 'There, their, or they're ? Whose, who's ? A quick overhaul...

There, their, or they’re? Whose [who’s??] spelling needs a quick overhaul? Floccinaucinihilipilification – we might not bandy it around mu…

Started by Trevor Taylor

7 Dec 16, 2012
Reply by Kathy Custren

USA word of the year 2012 is "To GIF". Oxford English Dictionary (OED) looks at this and other shortlisted words..

Oxford Dictionaries USA Word of the Year 2012 is ‘to GIF’ Today, OUP announced their Oxford Dictionaries US Word of the Year for 2012. Kat…

Started by Trevor Taylor

3 Dec 11, 2012

This article from BG Trust Online dd 17 November 2012 is well worth reproducing below as of high interest to Online Writers, Editors and Publishers..

The internet is transforming the way people access news, forcing traditional newspapers to rethink their strategy. Heather Connon repo…

Started by Trevor Taylor

1 Dec 4, 2012

From the Quill today - new words entering mainstream English in the past 12 months..

The Last 12 months have seen a plethora of new words added to the English Language and major English dictionaries. Social terms, for insta…

Started by Trevor Taylor

3 Nov 30, 2012
Reply by Lisa K.

From the quill for Friday.."Are you philogrobolised in the morning but sparkling after midnight - you could be a lychnobyte"...

Lets take a light hearted romp through the English language and see how our ancestors spoke.. ...Lost words of English vocabulary are comin…

Started by Trevor Taylor

2 Nov 25, 2012
Reply by Trevor Taylor

From the quill today - starting a sentence with "And...

I had an argument with a colleague the other day (well, it was a sort of friendly discussion with 'emphasis') on the use of 'And' in starti…

Started by Trevor Taylor

0 Nov 5, 2012

From the quill today - Google doesn't like typos, or spelling mistakes..

I thought I would share this article I hade been reading online by Virgina Hefferman PhD (New York Times) which would surely resonate with…

Started by Trevor Taylor

1 Nov 3, 2012
Reply by Omtimes Media

From the quill today - 'Borrowed words'...

.......One of the tools used in creative writing is the use of loan words. They are words that have been absorbed into literary English ove…

Started by Trevor Taylor

0 Nov 1, 2012

RSS

OM Times Magazine is a Holistic Green eZine with a Spiritual Self-growth Perspective for the Conscious Community.

Members

Credibility and Reputation

Join our group of authors on Goodreads: http://ow.ly/tUyAM

Google+
Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blogarama - Spirituality Blogs
Follow me on Blogarama

Help Support Us In Our Work and Keep OM-Times Magazine Free For All!!!

Where to find us

Google+

Contextual Links

Free Web Directory - Add Your Link

The Little Web Directory
web-ref.org

mondotimes

Find Local News Worldwide

mediaowners

Who Owns The American Media

Follow Me on Pinterest
Merchant Processing Service
web directories
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
PullDirectory.com - Add free links and articles.

Ciford Web Directory

alarmg4s
SubmissionMonster.com

© 2019   Created by Omtimes Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Omtimes writer's community