FEATURED POET – FEBRUARY 2011 

Getting to Know:   Shervin Hojat

1:  What kinds of emotions/images/objects/animals inspire you most?

I love being in nature.  Camping is one of my most relaxing activities.  My dog, Tiber, inspires me every day.  He shows me what it means to be in the moment, to be passionate, and act with excitement as if everything is being seen for the first time.  I am inspired by hawks, eagles, snakes and buffalo; all of them acting as my inspiration to transform my fears and doubts into my courage, trust and confidence.

I pay close attention to my “negative emotions” by acknowledging them, investigating their sources and associated belief systems.

2:  Do you have a favorite author, book or movie to recommend?

Some of my favorite authors are Krishnamurti, Rumi, Byron Katie, Neville, Ted Andrews and Alberto Villoldo.  I enjoy watching Matrix and Inception over and over.

3:  What jobs or projects are you involved with outside of OM Times?

I have a PhD in Electrical Engineering and work for a high tech company.  My day job supports many activities that I love to do after work.  I have quite a few interests, and over the past couple of years I have been exploring many of them.

I began writing poetry about four years ago after my father was in a fatal accident. Two years ago, I completed my book, Tend to Your Garden Within which is poetry and short essays describing my personal journey that many can relate to.  I started painting two years ago (hated it as a child) and I use my paintings to express and honor my meaningful experiences during my awake and dream time.

I am involved with Shamanism (connecting with nature and healing techniques), trance dance, dream interpretation, intuition building, Reiki, Kundalini Yoga, group healing, Language of Mastery, and Outcome Facilitation.

I love interacting with people and I have started teaching classes on the weekends. Teaching and witnessing people remembering their beauty and their power is one of my most fulfilling experiences.

4:  Do you have a favorite plant, tree or flower?

I love flowers with scent and deep colors.  I love the flowers that bees and butterflies are attracted to.  The smell of jasmine, on an early cool morning is one my favorite experiences.

5:  What is your favorite food?

I love coffee in the morning and my wife’s pancakes: blueberries, walnuts, and most importantly her love in making it.  I love to eat all kinds of fruits.

6:  What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

I do not eat much ice cream.  I do love having pistachio or melon flavored gelato on a hot Texas summer day!

7:  What is your message to the world?

Your world is a reflection of you; you change your world by changing yourself.  Love feeling your emotions; do not hold them in or stuff them in a box.  Do not judge your emotions by labeling them bad or good.  Dare to dream and act on your heart’s desires.

Let go of limiting beliefs.  Love yourself by allowing Divine grace to fill your heart so you can share it with others.

You can visit Shervin *HERE*.   Drop by his page and have a look around!

Shervin, thank you for sharing your Self, and your life with us!

Namaste!

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shervin: as a CAD drafter, I've worked with a lot of engineers - but I never met one who wrote poetry before!!  That's so awesome!  Your presence blesses us, indeed!  Namaste!
IT feel good to know we are all so very connected!
IT's so much fun reading about our team! Thanks for sharing a moment in TIME :: SPACE with me / us!
Love & Eternal Light,
deZengo

Staying Connected
really inspiring, sherving! to read such interview give me the strenght to go beyond myself. thank you for sharing yourself with us.

love and blessing

Yeah Shervin....Nasmaste!  Glad to know you're here at OM Times and in the world as a beautiful light.

Thank you everyone for all your support. I feel blessed to be part of Om-times family.

Blessings,

Shervin

It's great to see your picture and learn about you

CONGRATULATIONS! 

Shervin,  Thank you for sharing your inner garden with us.  Seeing through your eyes is WONDERFULLY refreshing.   I agree with Marina you are unique fellow!  Awesome to get to know you better. :D

~Z~

Reply to Discussion

RSS

OM Times Magazine is a Holistic Green eZine with a Spiritual Self-growth Perspective for the Conscious Community.

Members

Forum

Radio

Started by Tanya Hadzhieva on Friday. 0 Replies

10 Spots Left This Year!

Started by Leigh Burton. Last reply by Crystal Presence Nov 23. 1 Reply

Hello! I am new here!

Started by Jennifer Heflin. Last reply by Jennifer Heflin Oct 25. 4 Replies

Credibility and Reputation

Join our group of authors on Goodreads: http://ow.ly/tUyAM

Google+
Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blogarama - Spirituality Blogs
Follow me on Blogarama

Help Support Us In Our Work and Keep OM-Times Magazine Free For All!!!

Where to find us

Google+

Contextual Links

Free Web Directory - Add Your Link

The Little Web Directory
web-ref.org

mondotimes

Find Local News Worldwide

mediaowners

Who Owns The American Media

Follow Me on Pinterest
Merchant Processing Service
web directories
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
PullDirectory.com - Add free links and articles.

Ciford Web Directory

alarmg4s
SubmissionMonster.com

© 2018   Created by Omtimes Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Omtimes writer's community