FEATURED POET – JANUARY 2011

Getting to Know:   Gordon Artrias Rosenberg

1:  What kinds of emotions/images/objects/animals inspire you most?

Emotion?  Love, of course, the great inspirer! I also am inspired by nature; rivers, mountains, forests, basically getting away from the nonsensical busyness of frenetic human activity. Dreams are also a great inspiration for me. I'm inspired by exploring my own inner landscapes and most of my words – certainly the better ones – come from deep inside.

2:  Do you have a favorite author, book or movie to recommend?

Book: The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity, by Daniel Reid - I am an “unofficial” Taoist whatever that means; also the poetry of Rumi, Eckhart Tolle's teachings, Ramana Maharishi, Krishnamurti, Yogananda, Ram Dass, Stephen Levine, Lao Tzu, and others mostly of eastern lineage.

3:  What jobs or projects are you involved with outside of OM Times?

I'm officially retired in terms of going to work at anything outside the home, at least for now but who knows, the times they are a-changin' and I believe - through the web and all - that we're redefining work for many of us. To me, work is doing whatever you love, sharing your gifts with the world and the like, for as long as you're in this world. In a way, I think I'm just getting warmed up for new forms of expression, and have no intention of “retiring” in perhaps the old sense of the word. No golf courses, bingo, shuffleboard, or mindless TV in my future!

Currently, I spend much of the day at one or both of my computers, writing, making multimedia, posting on the web, maintaining blogs and sites, and networking. Writing and creative expression have been touchstones all my life, and today's technology encourages it so much more. After 15 years in private businesses, I studied relaxation and stress relief and then Reiki energy healing throughout the 80's and began doing individual sessions and groups and teaching it to others (for 15 years). I founded an online Reiki distant circle in '97 which is still sharing energy weekly around the world, now through a Facebook group.

4:  Do you have a favorite plant, tree or flower?

Ponderosa Pine trees, since discovering them at our vacation home as a child, now live very near them.

5:  What is your favorite food?

Super food (often green) smoothies, also kefir; as a natural vegetarian and would-be juicerian, I could be happy drinking all my meals.

6:  What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Vanilla, but I very rarely eat ice cream anymore – hope neither of these is held against me personality-wise!

7:  What is your message to the world?

We are inextricably connected. No one person or thing is separate from all the rest. We come here to experience this universal reality in order to remember that we are all one. I see earth life as an opportunity to experience ourselves on a physical stage; all the world is a stage and we are the players. Enjoy the ride to the best of your ability, don't get caught up in the melodramas because they really don't exist in this illusory world, share the love and your gifts, and give yourself a break now and then, knowing you are much more than you may believe.

You can visit Gordon *HERE*

If you haven’t already, drop by his page and have a look around!

Gordon, thank you for sharing your Self, and your life with us!

Namaste!

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would-be juicerian.  <3 it!

CONGRATULATIONS!   

Gordon - your presence blesses the group - thanks so much for sharing, uplifting, and encouraging with us!  Namaste! :)

Gordon,

Congratulation. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed knowing more about you.

Shervin

congratulations best wishes to you
Congratulations Gordon! Not holding the flavor or ice cream against you ;) You are a blessing ~*~ Namaste
Congrats....great sharing the experience with you!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

OM Times Magazine is a Holistic Green eZine with a Spiritual Self-growth Perspective for the Conscious Community.

Members

Forum

Rules Reminders for Article Writing 2020

Started by Omtimes Media. Last reply by Jennifer Ott 14 hours ago. 1 Reply

December 2019 Newsletter

Started by Omtimes Media on Tuesday. 0 Replies

October Newsletter_2019 Editorial Calendar is closed

Started by Omtimes Media. Last reply by Crystal Presence Nov 2. 1 Reply

Credibility and Reputation

Join our group of authors on Goodreads: http://ow.ly/tUyAM

Google+
Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blogarama - Spirituality Blogs
Follow me on Blogarama

Help Support Us In Our Work and Keep OM-Times Magazine Free For All!!!

Where to find us

Google+

Contextual Links

Free Web Directory - Add Your Link

The Little Web Directory
web-ref.org

mondotimes

Find Local News Worldwide

mediaowners

Who Owns The American Media

Follow Me on Pinterest
Merchant Processing Service
web directories
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
PullDirectory.com - Add free links and articles.

Ciford Web Directory

alarmg4s
SubmissionMonster.com

© 2019   Created by Omtimes Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Omtimes writer's community