FEATURED POET – MAY 2011

Getting to Know:  CG Walters (a.k.a.  kathmandau)

1: What kinds of emotions/images/objects/animals inspire you most?

I am inspired by the looks lovers give each other, by spirits, animals, stones, plants -- all things -- found in the mountains, by concepts that set the spirit resonating higher (the heart becoming more joyful).

2: Do you have a favorite author, book or movie to recommend?

I am not so good at defining a single (or few) favorite(s) -- 24 years ago, I became certain of my most favorite-est(!) girl in the world and I am still head-over-heels with her ...

I love the instant familiarity that Jonathan Carroll delivers with his characters. I love the magic that flows from Charles DeLint. Coelho has entertained several times. Currently I am enjoying books by Alberto Villoldo and Sandra Ingerman. I love reading different translations of the Tao Te Ching.

A really good book (besides Sacred Vow by CG Walters?) would be "A Joseph Campbell Companion" by Diane K. Osbon. I love Joseph's work, especially when someone can subdue his genius into easy reading.

Now, I know I cannot manage a single favorite movie (maybe I could try the ones I’ve seen the most times). How about Shrek, Last of the Mohicans, The Matrix, Shakespeare in Love, Branagh's Hamlet and Henry V, Hook, A Walk in the Clouds, yada yada yada …

3: What jobs or projects are you involved with outside of OM Times?

I spend most of my days working construction. It started a few years ago as a way to pick up a little money while publishing my novel, Sacred Vow. It seems that the Universe did not get my memo on the timeframe for that.

I have Sacred Vow's sister novels on hold, and spend more of my creative work in videos these days.

I study aspects of shamanism as I have time, expecting that when I go back on the road with my writing, the presentation will be a cross between a shamanic drumming and a book reading -- yes sounds peculiar, but I feel it in my heart, and see it in my mind.

Though I have not been up the mountain in a while, until recently, I spent long hours walking the mountains, visiting with the various spirits. I will be back there again soon.

4: Do you have a favorite plant, tree or flower?

Favorite? I’m particularly fascinated with them all. I do, however, feel a particular closeness to certain individuals. I take great pleasure when wild animals stop and respond when I talk with them. On occasion, I will find myself unintentionally wandering through the forest and come upon the same tree time after time--even though I could not lead you to it if I tried. I feel close then.

I cherish the songbirds -- and am sometimes led out of the thickets by them. I take great joy from the grand rock formations in the mountain forests.

5: What is your favorite food?

On food, health issues moved me to being a bit of a health nut -- organic, etc. I like hot food -- capsicum (from peppers) have a lot of health benefits, too. I like colorful meals, organic, strongly leaning to (but not exclusively) vegetarian.

My wife is a wonderful cook (and big into healthy), so I always feast.

I like red wine and dark chocolate (snuggling with Kathy, my wife) at the end of the day -- last meal?

6: What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Back on the health issue, I do not eat ice cream very often, but when I must, only Starbuck's Java Chip Frappuccino will do.

7: What is your message to the world?

Truth is but a resting place until the next revelation.

~Strike a Chord of Silence

As you believe, as you speak, so it is ...

Before you speak, ask yourself,
is it kind, is it necessary,
is it true,
does it improve on the silence? ~Sai Baba

Celebrate What's Right in the World!

I believe that the intelligence great enough to create a tree or your body cannot be confined within the limits of either/or. All things are true, false, both true and false, neither, and all of the above –simultaneously. The distinction exists only in the one perceiving -- you! As in Quantum mechanics, there exists a field of infinite possibility until you define your belief. In believing, your reality/perception materializes as a specific.

When you create your reality, you may have some impact on mine -- if you and I are in some agreement (beyond that of the conscious mind). But your reality cannot exclusively define mine. Even if our realities seem to be complete opposites (by logical mind), both exist and neither is diminished by the 'truth' of the other. For you and I never exist in precisely the same plane of existence, but overlapping subsets of the Absolute reality.

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they have gotten lost. ~Dalai Lama

You can visit CG *HERE* Drop by his page and have a look around.

CG, thank you for sharing your Self, and your life with us!

Namaste!

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice to meet you CG.

I am honored and grateful for this blessings, Marina and the Poets of Om.

In Lak'ech.

CG

Thank you, Debby. 

Very much my pleasure.

blessings.....

CG

Debby Rosenberg said:

Nice to meet you CG.
Hello again CG, love your inspirational videos ;-) congrats on poet of the month.  handsofangels/Deb.

thank you, Deb

blessings and joy to you and your dear ones,
CG

Deb Graves Araznu said:

Hello again CG, love your inspirational videos ;-) congrats on poet of the month.  handsofangels/Deb.
congratulations, it's good to meet you here

Thank you you, Mandy.

My pleasure to meet you.

peace and blessings,

CG

Mandy Leng said:

congratulations, it's good to meet you here

Thank you, Bill.

blessings and a peaceful night, brother,

CG

Bill said:

Thank you, Darlene.

Joy and many blessings to you and your dear ones,
CG

Darlene McPeek said:

congrats, CG! :) :) 

Yeah!!!  Wonderful Marina... so glad to see our angels are everywhere.  

CG ... as you already know I love your work and appreciate the special role that you play in connecting & healing withIN and OUTward! 

It is awesome to read about YOU ... and not just read something created by you.

Much love : Light : Endless Joyful Adventures!  You are definitely a Conscious Man!  Thank you!

I am conscious that I am blessed to know you in this world, dZ!

love and joy, dear spirit,
CG

deZengo said:

Yeah!!!  Wonderful Marina... so glad to see our angels are everywhere.  

CG ... as you already know I love your work and appreciate the special role that you play in connecting & healing withIN and OUTward! 

It is awesome to read about YOU ... and not just read something created by you.

Much love : Light : Endless Joyful Adventures!  You are definitely a Conscious Man!  Thank you!

Thank you, Debbie.

love and light to you and all you hold dear,
CG

One Light said:

Congratulations, CG!  You deserve the honors!!

One Light (Debbie Camarda)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

OM Times Magazine is a Holistic Green eZine with a Spiritual Self-growth Perspective for the Conscious Community.

Members

Forum

Are comebacks allowed?

Started by Anne Mari Ramsdal. Last reply by Omtimes Media Jan 17. 1 Reply

New to Community - Help with Magazine & Course publishing process

Started by Leanne, The Barefoot Medium. Last reply by Crystal Presence Jan 9. 1 Reply

10 Spots Left This Year!

Started by Leigh Burton. Last reply by Crystal Presence Nov 23, 2018. 1 Reply

Credibility and Reputation

Join our group of authors on Goodreads: http://ow.ly/tUyAM

Google+
Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blogarama - Spirituality Blogs
Follow me on Blogarama

Help Support Us In Our Work and Keep OM-Times Magazine Free For All!!!

Where to find us

Google+

Contextual Links

Free Web Directory - Add Your Link

The Little Web Directory
web-ref.org

mondotimes

Find Local News Worldwide

mediaowners

Who Owns The American Media

Follow Me on Pinterest
Merchant Processing Service
web directories
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
PullDirectory.com - Add free links and articles.

Ciford Web Directory

alarmg4s
SubmissionMonster.com

© 2019   Created by Omtimes Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Omtimes writer's community