FEATURED POET – OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2010

Getting to Know:   MARINA PHILLIPS

1:  What kinds of emotions/images/objects/animals inspire you most?

As many of you may have already guessed, I have a great affinity with wolves.  Contrary to popular belief, they possess many inspiring qualities.  The Spirit of the Wolf has accompanied me through most of my life, providing insight and comfort through many trying times.

I’m also very interested in crystals, sacred geometry, and I like to dabble with black & white photography.  I am thinking of posting a few of them with some music and poetry soon.

One of my very favorite emotions is that human/spiritual thing that happens every single time I read a poem :)

2:  Do you have a favorite author, book or movie to recommend?

I have always been a huge fan of Richard Bach, author of Jonathan Livingston Seagull.  More recently I am inspired by Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love, and also Commitment); Dr. Michael Beckwith (Spiritual Liberation); and everything by Mike Dooley (especially Notes from the Universe – I get them in my email every day!)   www.tut.com

Here’s an example:

Your wishes are what the Universe wishes for you. Your thoughts steer the ship of your dreams. And no matter where you've "been", nor how challenging your circumstances, right here and now is all that matters.

You are forever. Invincible. A Being of Light on an adventure of the highest order: to have fun and be happy in a magical, infinite, loving reality that conspires tirelessly in your favor; where thoughts become things, dreams come true, and all things remain forever possible.

Good, huh?  :)

3:  What jobs or projects are you involved with outside of OM Times?

I graduated from college in 2009 from a Computer-Aided Drafting Program.  I’m now the resident drafter at the college where I attended.  I like the place so much, I’m just gonna stay!

As much as I love working with technical documents, AutoCad is a great program for messing around with Sacred Geometry.  It is a very precise, and accurate tool, and I have great fun in my spare time just doodling :)

4:  Do you have a favorite plant, tree or flower?

I love plants, trees and flowers of all kinds.  We don’t have room for much of a garden at this point, but we have lots of pots on the patio, and a wildflower patch out in front of our townhouse.  This year we enjoyed growing flowers, small tomatoes, strawberries, and lots of herbs to use in our cooking.  We usually dry those for winter use as well, but the frost beat me this year!  That happens a lot in Canada! LOL

A friend of mine just told me that there is a tree that grows in my area called wolfwillow.  I know the tree well – but have only ever known it as silverberry.  It’s been interesting learning more about the wolfwillow tree recently  :)

5:  What is your favorite food?

I like all kinds of different foods.  My favourite is ‘spicy’!  Bet that’s a big surprise! LOL

6:  What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?

As a kid, it was always chocolate.  Nowadays I really enjoy mocha, which is a lovely mixture of chocolate and coffee.

7:  What is your message to the world?

The world isn’t so bad!  It may look like everything is going to hell in a hand-basket, but that’s just illusion.  You’re not going to hell ... I’m not.  There’s soooo much joy, richness, beauty, and depth in the world!  Focus on that, and you’ll be doing your part for humanity.  Yes, it REALLY IS that simple!   :)

If anyone hasn't already, you can visit my OM page here.

P.S. - I want you all to know especially that it brings me great joy to be your editor, and to moderate Poets of the New OM.  I am a firm believer that a group is only ever as good as the people in it.  Thanks so much for making it such a supportive, encouraging place for all of us to be!   You guys are amazing and talented ... and YOU ROCK!!!

Much Love & Light to all!

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's great to hear from you, and about you. Thanks as ever, to Lily!
and you ROCK too! glad to know more about you!
yes marina ,, thank your little angel Lily .. lovely to meet you, you have in this short piece really let us into your Soul and what a lovely Soul, shining brightly. thank you for being you. Love and Light bev
white-wolves Pictures, Images and Photos

Good vibes come from you they are all through out this page. It is good to meet the you behind all this work. Thank you for being true to you, and sharing yourself with us.

Namaste~
Z
Marina...
You see how crazy I am.. I have not even realize that this was you..

You go Girl!
Congratulations.
I will dance the chicken dance for you!!!!

DANCING CHICKEN Pictures, Images and Photos
dancing chicken Pictures, Images and PhotosDancing chicken Pictures, Images and Photos

Reply to Discussion

RSS

OM Times Magazine is a Holistic Green eZine with a Spiritual Self-growth Perspective for the Conscious Community.

Members

Forum

December 2019 Newsletter

Started by Omtimes Media yesterday. 0 Replies

October Newsletter_2019 Editorial Calendar is closed

Started by Omtimes Media. Last reply by Crystal Presence Nov 2. 1 Reply

Editor's Note September

Started by Omtimes Media. Last reply by Omtimes Media Oct 1. 3 Replies

Credibility and Reputation

Join our group of authors on Goodreads: http://ow.ly/tUyAM

Google+
Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blogarama - Spirituality Blogs
Follow me on Blogarama

Help Support Us In Our Work and Keep OM-Times Magazine Free For All!!!

Where to find us

Google+

Contextual Links

Free Web Directory - Add Your Link

The Little Web Directory
web-ref.org

mondotimes

Find Local News Worldwide

mediaowners

Who Owns The American Media

Follow Me on Pinterest
Merchant Processing Service
web directories
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
PullDirectory.com - Add free links and articles.

Ciford Web Directory

alarmg4s
SubmissionMonster.com

© 2019   Created by Omtimes Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Omtimes writer's community