How many of you out there reading this can relate to the title of this discussion?
This is a phrase that is taught in the rooms of recovery and therapy. “My parents did the best they could” How many of us have heard this term? It’s usually followed by, ‘It is not your parent’s fault you are the way you are. You are now an adult take control and quit blaming your parents; when you blame your parents you remain a victim and are powerless.’
Now I want to reiterate that the last part of the statement is true. When we as adults continue to blame the people from our past including our parents we do remain in the ‘victim mode.’ It is a way to point the finger and keep the attention off ourselves. This way we do not have to take responsibility for our own mess or our unhappiness after all they did this to me.
Taking responsibility means looking at our parents, partner, teacher, etc…whom ever the authoritative figure in our lives were at the time seeing the events that occurred, feeling the unresolved feelings around that experience and doing the work we need to do to move forward. This might include grief work, forgiveness work etc… We no longer suffer from the effects of that event. We make new choices with a new understanding and resolve and move on never forgetting the experience, but releasing the ‘resonance’ around it. You know you have truly worked through something when you can visit it in your minds eye and have compassion and empathy for both parties and there is no surge of negative emotion or reaction to the memory. This is when you know you have let it go.

However, there is a missing piece to this process. When we have been traumatized as many of us have; and we have lived this way for most of our lives accepting and letting go of the past is easier said than done. The residual affects still haunt us daily sabotaging our emotional well being, happiness, and stability. Many of us have stuffed traumatic memories so far into the basements of our subconscious we couldn’t remember if we wanted to. We do the same things over and over in many areas of our lives expecting different results, but the result are always the same. We are left with what ever it is we believe about ourselves usually not loving. The results are always the same anger, shame, guilt, depression, confusion, not good enough, unlovable, this list could go on and on and on, but we won’t.
However, there is a part of us that remembers (OUR BODIES!)
Trying to transform and heal our wounds with only our minds is futile at best.
You may get the mind to accept it, but the body can not be fooled.
We know instinctively what was needed or being withheld.
As adults we go on denying how deprived we feel, and never address, process, or resolve the ‘resonance’ and meet the need masked in our attempts for peace.

The mind can rationalize what happened, it can down play it, but our body can not be lied to. Statements like ‘My parents did the best they could’ or ‘they meant well’ or ‘their intentions were good’ mean nothing to the body. It only understands the words of emotion like ‘this hurts’ or I am frightened’ or ‘I am angry, sad, or powerless.’
Parent’s actions with their children do affect us as adults because we are not taught how to process the feelings that arise as they come up. Most time were told not to feel what we are feeling, or we shouldn’t be feeling and we begin to doubt ourselves at a very early age. This starts a spiraling cycle of doubt, confusion, self criticism, self judgment, and we learn not to trust ourselves. We quit listening inside and start searching for answers on the outside and we abandon ourselves. Thus we are left with a bottomless black hole that needs to be filled. The black hole of deprivation is what feeds our compulsions and addiction.
The inner child in us is split. How many times have you felt like you are not whole?
Or that you have a split personality? I thought for many years I was a schizophrenic, but time after time when I was tested ‘they’ medical professionals told me I was normal and there was nothing wrong with me. It sure didn’t feel that way in my body. That’s because I was fractured and pieces of me were missing and acting out wanting to be healed! The part of me that was unhealed wanted to repeat and reenact the past compulsions and broadcast the unaddressed needs repeatedly.
As I healed myself through CMR I began to feel more whole, more complete, and more at peace with myself.
The mind wants to avoid grief and forgiveness work. Willingness is the key just like in the 3rd step of 12 step programs. Grief work addresses not the other’s intention but the impact of their actions on us. However, forcing grief work can retraumatize us. Willingness is the key just like in the 3rd step of 12 step programs, and only you know when you are ready to open that portal. However, grieving the past, forgiving ourselves first and then others if necessary, and accepting that our lives have value and purpose frees us from the past.
Do you have something inside of you that wants to sabotage your happiness and well being? How can you give it space and empathy? Who would you be without your 'story' of what your parents did or did not do?

Namaste' Gary

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

pls tell me about the CMR-healing-program
i traumatisized many times in my life, the biggest trauma was that my mom stuck me in a childrens home from birth to the age of 7 + from 12-14, between at fosterparents for 2 years
i have a homepage @ myspace about that : www.myspace.com/hungryheart55
tina turner is in my friends list too who had the simular background like i have (got beat up by my husband later on in marriage)
thank u very much for starting this diskussion - very appreciated
Hello PeaceAngel,
Thank you for the enquiry into CMR.
Yes, those experiences must have been truamatisizing. What would a child be feeling or thinking. Through that experience at the age of 7+ you started making decisions about you and others that probably still operate in your subconcious today.
Who would you be if you could find resolution around that time in your life? It might even be to foreign for you to comprehend.
Below I have given a brief overview of the work. Should you have any other questions please let me know. I am able to hold sessions over the phone, through Skype or Yahoo Messenger if you are interested.

Cellular Memory Release (CMR) is an effective, practical synthesis of tools for accessing and freeing the trapped, stagnant life force held inside the cells of your body. The crystallization of this life force within the cellular memory of your being is the root cause of most manifested life imbalances, be it physical, emotional, psychological or spiritual. There is a vast intelligence in you just waiting to set you free. It has the wisdom to heal, the knowledge to share, and the information to help show you how to live life at your maximum potential.

Through carefully guided sessions in Cellular Memory Release lies the opportunity to transform our fears into peace allowing the process of healing to begin. As we unveil and release what is no longer serving us in the present moment, we open the door to newer, lighter and healthier possibilities of living. The vast intelligence within you never manifests what you cannot overcome, and it longs to set you free. Through Sessions you will learn to empower yourself to embrace and heal the fullest expression of your authentic self.
could my Fibromyalgia + CFS + autoimmune problems have something to do with it? u mention cellular memory thats why i am guessing. what is the charge of some sessions?

Gary Jacobsson said:
Hello PeaceAngel,
Thank you for the enquiry into CMR.
Yes, those experiences must have been truamatisizing. What would a child be feeling or thinking. Through that experience at the age of 7+ you started making decisions about you and others that probably still operate in your subconcious today.
Who would you be if you could find resolution around that time in your life? It might even be to foreign for you to comprehend.
Below I have given a brief overview of the work. Should you have any other questions please let me know. I am able to hold sessions over the phone, through Skype or Yahoo Messenger if you are interested.

Cellular Memory Release (CMR) is an effective, practical synthesis of tools for accessing and freeing the trapped, stagnant life force held inside the cells of your body. The crystallization of this life force within the cellular memory of your being is the root cause of most manifested life imbalances, be it physical, emotional, psychological or spiritual. There is a vast intelligence in you just waiting to set you free. It has the wisdom to heal, the knowledge to share, and the information to help show you how to live life at your maximum potential.

Through carefully guided sessions in Cellular Memory Release lies the opportunity to transform our fears into peace allowing the process of healing to begin. As we unveil and release what is no longer serving us in the present moment, we open the door to newer, lighter and healthier possibilities of living. The vast intelligence within you never manifests what you cannot overcome, and it longs to set you free. Through Sessions you will learn to empower yourself to embrace and heal the fullest expression of your authentic self.
Hello PeaceAngel,
Physical illness is a deeper level of an energetic imbalance. Stagnant energy that has been repeating the same frequency for years. Since it does not get resolved then the body has no choice, but to manifest it in a physical manner. When there is 'dis-ease' in the body there is separation between the body/mind continuum.
Computer or Phone Sessions are 100.00 I do offer the first time session for 75.00 they last about 90 minutes to 2 hours.
Namaste' Gary

Reply to Discussion

RSS

OM Times Magazine is a Holistic Green eZine with a Spiritual Self-growth Perspective for the Conscious Community.

Members

Forum

December 2019 Newsletter

Started by Omtimes Media yesterday. 0 Replies

October Newsletter_2019 Editorial Calendar is closed

Started by Omtimes Media. Last reply by Crystal Presence Nov 2. 1 Reply

Editor's Note September

Started by Omtimes Media. Last reply by Omtimes Media Oct 1. 3 Replies

Credibility and Reputation

Join our group of authors on Goodreads: http://ow.ly/tUyAM

Google+
Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blogarama - Spirituality Blogs
Follow me on Blogarama

Help Support Us In Our Work and Keep OM-Times Magazine Free For All!!!

Where to find us

Google+

Contextual Links

Free Web Directory - Add Your Link

The Little Web Directory
web-ref.org

mondotimes

Find Local News Worldwide

mediaowners

Who Owns The American Media

Follow Me on Pinterest
Merchant Processing Service
web directories
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
PullDirectory.com - Add free links and articles.

Ciford Web Directory

alarmg4s
SubmissionMonster.com

© 2019   Created by Omtimes Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Omtimes writer's community