Hello, again Ommies, This is a note to remind everyone about the ground rules for the submission of articles. It seems that the guidelines that were already established since the conception of this magazine have been forgotten. So, here are some reminders:

DOOMED SUBMISSIONS:

1. Business Promotions will not be published. Instead, reveal what inspires and challenges you at work or in your business. Write to encourage and enlighten—not to sell your product. This is a conscious Lifestyle magazine, not a link farm.

2. Philosophical Wanderings will not be published. Everyone has philosophical positions, but nobody cares about yours. Instead, tell the story about what led you to that view—but don’t preach.

3. Political and other Controversial Topics will not be published. Our purpose is to inspire and guide—not offend.

4. The correct use of the Voice Articles written in the first person are blogs, not articles, and they are not engaging, they will not be published. The right Voice is a must.

5. Previously Published Articles or Excerpts will not be published. Articles must be original work submitted exclusively for OM publication. Writers may include brief quotes, but poorly written or inaccurate quotations will result in rejection. Submissions that include excerpts from your own work will be rejected since we cannot edit published language.

6. Poorly written pieces will not be published. ALL submissions should be engaging and pertinent, well organized, free of redundancy, and meticulously edited for structural and punctuation errors. Use the “Control F” function to locate and remove excessive word repetition. We highly recommend that if you want to improve your writing, you must use programs such as Grammarly, which is a good help, and best, it is free.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

1. the article should be approximately 600-1200 words, with an ideal format of around 800 words. If it is less than 500, it will not be selected.

2. The article must not be previously published. Unless you have posted the article on Your own website.

3. Include a bio of approximately 60-70 words or around 400 characters based on the following suggestions: Education level, career path, passions, talents, hobbies, goals, accomplishments; Promotional information—if you have a book out or a relevant product, contact information—if you wish to provide your website + 1 more link such as FB or Twitter or Instagram, or email.

4. Also, if desired, attach a headshot picture (directly from a camera or cell phone—not from Facebook). That would help us to spotlight you on the Digital Edition of the magazine and make you easy to be recognized by the public.

5. DO NOT include pictures or illustrations on your submission, especially if you collected them from the internet search. OMTimes can be penalized and sued for copyright violations. We must buy all the images we publish. So, please don’t.

I will be opening groups for special submissions such as the new Poetry group, and the Animal Magazine as well. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines or anything else about OMTimes, please let me know.

Write to me: Editor@omtimes.com

To Infinity and Beyond

Liane Buck

Views: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for the reminder. As a new writer here on OM Times, this is good information.

Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to remind us.  Enjoy Life

Thanks for the great overview!

Thank you, Liane and happy 2020.  I've often found that the best way to cultivate well written, original material is to also look at how yoga connects us other areas of life such as art and culture.  I welcome your insight on this submission which examines this more deeply.  I took care to research and include facts: http://community.omtimes.com/profiles/blogs/yoga-art-amp-life.

So just to be clear we should write our blogs from the third person point of view not the first person point of view correct? 

Yes, Gail. Otherwise, in the first person will be a blog. 

Gail Serna said:

So just to be clear we should write our blogs from the third person point of view not the first person point of view correct? 

So we are not writing a blog piece for OMTimes Magazine correct? What would you call it then? Thank you for the clarification. 

Omtimes Media said:

Yes, Gail. Otherwise, in the first person will be a blog. 

Gail Serna said:

Yes, when you are writing to any magazine, you write articles. When you write in the first person on your website, you are writing blogs. Usually, when you are writing in the first person you are doing to share your won thoughts, but the audience doesn't necessarily relate to it if it is not in the 3rd person. It gives the impartial idea and allows who is reading to be relating to the narrative.

Very helpful and clear.

<3

Gail Serna said:

Very helpful and clear.

I took a look at a number of articles and found they are not in the third person. I saw we, your, and our throughout the articles I read. I have been working on gutting an article I wrote that did the same thing but is it necessary?

Omtimes Media said:

Yes, when you are writing to any magazine, you write articles. When you write in the first person on your website, you are writing blogs. Usually, when you are writing in the first person you are doing to share your won thoughts, but the audience doesn't necessarily relate to it if it is not in the 3rd person. It gives the impartial idea and allows who is reading to be relating to the narrative.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

OM Times Magazine is a Holistic Green eZine with a Spiritual Self-growth Perspective for the Conscious Community.

Members

Forum

Rules Reminders for Article Writing 2020

Started by Omtimes Media. Last reply by Gail Serna Aug 26. 24 Replies

June 2020 Community Newsletter

Started by Omtimes Media. Last reply by Crystal Presence Jun 24. 3 Replies

Credibility and Reputation

Join our group of authors on Goodreads: http://ow.ly/tUyAM

Google+
Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blogarama - Spirituality Blogs
Follow me on Blogarama

Help Support Us In Our Work and Keep OM-Times Magazine Free For All!!!

Where to find us

Google+

Contextual Links

Free Web Directory - Add Your Link

The Little Web Directory
web-ref.org

mondotimes

Find Local News Worldwide

mediaowners

Who Owns The American Media

Follow Me on Pinterest
Merchant Processing Service
web directories
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
PullDirectory.com - Add free links and articles.

Ciford Web Directory

alarmg4s
SubmissionMonster.com

© 2020   Created by Omtimes Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Omtimes writer's community