Hello and thank you for your time to respond to all of our questions!
- Is the best place for submissions in the groups I join or on the "my writings" page?
- If a submission is NOT going to be recommended will we receive NO feedback or comments on it at all?
- If I would like feedback on a submission, how do I go about getting it or asking for it?
- What is the average time between posting an article and hearing back from one of the editors whether that article will be recommended?
- Subsequently, what is the average turn around time when an article is recommended to finding out if it will be used?
Hi, Shannon - you may place submissions on your home page ("my writings"). In fact, if you or any other writers have "blog-type" commentary to provide that would be the place to put it.
If you do have a structured piece for consideration, it is best to let our content editors know. Due to the high number of submissions, unless you join a particular group and seek feedback, your words may not generate any feedback.
We do let writers know when their work is being recommended to the publishers, or if a piece might be useful with some minor corrections/additions, etc.
As of about a month ago, OMTimes has assigned editors for categories now, and has groups you may join where you CAN ask the editor to consider your work and provide informative feedback. This is a very real benefit for our writers to gain the experience and exposure to others who have a substantial history and knowledge of a particular content area. So, if feedback is something you seek, best to befriend and join the group(s) where you content may best fit. If you're not sure, please ask.
As for the length of time between submission and use, we do ask for a few months between submission an d publication. We operate a few months in advance, so there will be a bit of lag time. The exception to this would be something like an astrological forecast or oracle-type work that may be time-sensitive. In that case, writers can join the "time-sensitive" group to submit those types of content.
Hope this helps! ~ Blessings! :)
Thank you, Kathy! xo