This Music on your Brain

Music as entertainment is the tip of the iceberg. Music is a hidden giant with far ranging impacts on our health and learning. It is easily accessible and inexpensive! What is wrong with this solution? Why it is not used more?

Music stimulates regions of the brain responsible for memory, language and motor control. That is scientific fact. It should be a staple in schools, rehabs and hospitals. It was required in ancient Egypt and Greece for its benefits on learning and behavior. Music has been used to clear negative emotions and stimulate virtues – in ancient and modern times.

Researchers investigated the effect of music on brain neurotrophin production, which is associated with the swell being of neurons. Young adult mice exposed to music with a slow rhythm for 21 consecutive days were tested in passive avoidance learning (how quickly they could avoid negative stimuli). The music-exposed mice showed increased neurotrophins in the brain and significantly improved their learning performance. The researchers concluded that music helps several central nervous system problems.

Studies are popping up all the time showing abounding with positive impacts of music. Music can replicate the effects of hormone replacement therapy in the prevention of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, according to research published in Medical Hypotheses. Their study added that music also was helpful with neuropsychiatric disorders. From helping seniors to emotional issues, music is a free, accessible and easy tool to use.

Researchers observed that bird singing (with the Zebra Finch) doubles the numbers of its neurons.  In other studies singing improved the plasticity of nerves in birds – the more they sang, they healthier they got!

Music affects steroids levels such as cortisone, testosterone and estrogen, and it is believed that music also affects related receptor genes. Unlike supplementing the brain with hormone substitution drugs which can have devastating side effects, music is noninvasive, and its existence is universal and mundane.

Music can increase motor functioning in Parkinson patients, as documented in Behavioral Pharmacology. Music in ancient times was used extensively for disabilities. We are rediscovering this use!

We have been surrounded by music our entire lives, while being clueless that music exchanges energy with us on every level of our being! Listening and participating in music enhances learning, behavior and health! All these benefits and music can be enjoyable too! It is like a spoonful of music to make the medicine go down!

Free Sound Healing mp3s for amazing results

Discover a Multitude of Ancient & Modern Techniques using Sound Energy & Special Healing Frequencies to achieve Profound Benefits

First Free Mp3 - Paint your Soul CD  Songs from the Paint Your Soul CD contain the Fibonacci tones – created by a mathematical pattern found in the stars, your body, flowers, beehives and more. Tune to this sacred geometry (transposed into music) that God used in creating our world.

Ancient people listened to the Solfeggio tones (in this track), to enhance spiritual enlightenment and uplift their souls. For example, the fifth tone is the tone of DNA.

Second Free Mp3 Star Dust CD – This selection from the Star Dust CD contains heavenly music with the sounds of the planets and trace elements of stars - converted into twinkling tones! Harmonize with the heavens and balance astrological energy.

Third Free Mp3 Healing Flower Symphonies Vol. I and Vol. II – Listen to the literal sounds of flower energy, embedded in this delightful music! Clear negative emotional energy and build positive feelings! You can experience catharsis as you eliminate negative energy!

Receive these free Sound Healing mp3s and information at bottom of home page at www.jillswingsoflight.com

Views: 95

Replies to This Discussion

Jill, Your article is lovely, and your message could change the world if enough people would listen. I have had the thought for years, as I watch minority youth involved in the wrong kind of music: They are damaging permanently their brains, and their ears. I am Cherokee, and have heard many of the ancient sacred stories of creation. One story is that a tone from the creator was the first element of creation on this planet, and  others.

Just think what kind of a change could happen in the lives of under privileged children who were exposed to violin and piano at an early age.  I am no music (,expert as you are, but I can see as you have explained in your article) the right tones played for these children, even a singing bowl, would balance them. Music is a unique language, a way of communicating not only with others but with ourselves. It is a powerful energy that the Western world does not understand (yet).  I am going to listen to all the links you have provided in your article. I love music, I celebrate with music, I go to mediation with music, I calm down for sleep with music. Thank you so much for sharing this article, you have a great assignment to inform the world of the beauty and positive affects of music on our lives, and I bet you love your work. Nancy Oakes-

Nancy

thanks for your reply! You inow the ancient Egyptians and Greeks required children to be exposed to certain types of uplifting music - to increase learning and mold personalities and build virtues.The Cherokees used music to get information from "beyond the veil." It was a link to a place where there is more information I am so glad you have found that music can enhance your life at every turn. I bless you with sweet music at every turn! Hugs J!

Hi Jill - selected for one of the October multi-media editions

Thanks Jill

I spent several hours listening to your CD's and reviewing your work. So fascinating!  I plan to purchase several of your CD's.  I also reviewed Sherry Edwards, which I also found very interesting. I wanted to ask you a question about the Ascended Masters you speak of. Is it appropriate to ask at this site, or do you want communicate by email. My email is nancy.oakes1@aol.com- my website is lovetothelight.weebly.com ( under reconstruction, so forgive)

Did you happen to see my article on the dolphins and whales?

Much Love

Yes I would love to see your articles!! Also let's have the discussion so others can benefit as well. Sweet blessings Jill

Thank you, I was curious about the Ascended Masters you speak of. Can you elaborate on who you channeling. 

I am like a radio dial...who do you want to speak to? I can channel them all. I mainly channel when I write and perform music....talk about angelic music!  :)

Well I would love to hear you channel Mary Magdalene. Could we ask her questions? 

RSS

OM Times Magazine is a Holistic Green eZine with a Spiritual Self-growth Perspective for the Conscious Community.

Members

Or catch us on our New Podcast:

Articles

Bringing the Stress Level Down

Posted by Linda Bloom on September 18, 2017 at 11:51am 0 Comments

The Healing Power of Prayer

Posted by Darshan Goswami on September 17, 2017 at 2:00pm 0 Comments

Colors of the Wind

Posted by Jill Mattson on September 16, 2017 at 3:16pm 0 Comments

Discussion Forum

The Death of Creative Blocks

Started by Jill Mattson Oct 2, 2014. 0 Replies

The Rosetta Stone of the Body

Started by Jill Mattson Oct 2, 2014. 0 Replies

Credibility and Reputation

Join our group of authors on Goodreads: http://ow.ly/tUyAM

Google+
Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blogarama - Spirituality Blogs
Follow me on Blogarama

Help Support Us In Our Work and Keep OM-Times Magazine Free For All!!!

Where to find us

Google+

Contextual Links

Free Web Directory - Add Your Link

The Little Web Directory
web-ref.org

mondotimes

Find Local News Worldwide

mediaowners

Who Owns The American Media

Follow Me on Pinterest
Merchant Processing Service
web directories
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
PullDirectory.com - Add free links and articles.

Ciford Web Directory

alarmg4s
SubmissionMonster.com

© 2017   Created by Omtimes Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Omtimes writer's community