My mother is grieving her stores are all bled,

her children are fighting with guns at their heads.

My mother is weeping her pain is so great,

yet her sons nor their brothers their greed will abate.

 

My mother is bleeding she's barron and sore,

and still her babes grapple for more ever more.

There's fighting, there's thieving and battles a score,

still man will strive for his greed and his store.

 

My mother is crying for years long forgot,

how we stole and we've squandered more than our lot.

Oh mother great mother, she cradles the earth,

she's held us and kept us for all of her worth.

 

My mother is calling, she's calling your name,

can you live with your hunger or hide from your shame.

My mother is calling to her children, she loves,

lay your hands gentle on the earth like a glove.

 

My mother is calling our love she must feel.

Our neglect and our hurt, our fate it will seal.

Mother sweet mother, your sorrow so real,

if you had but a voice, ever calm never shrill.

 

Our mother is calling her work never done,

she's calling us children, her daughters her sons.

My mother is calling, can you hear her cry?,

how long shall we plunder, or will we see her die?.

©Jaki Healy

Views: 53

Replies to This Discussion

I recently listened to an interview with a woman who lives in the Oregon forest and has been travelling to the Amazon and studying plants with a tribe that also works with the plant spirits. On her last visit they told her that the call for battle for the earth had gone out and not just to the human species

OH wow....thats is amazing....thanks so much for sharing that with me. 

Peace n love 

Jaki :)

Mandy Leng said:

I recently listened to an interview with a woman who lives in the Oregon forest and has been travelling to the Amazon and studying plants with a tribe that also works with the plant spirits. On her last visit they told her that the call for battle for the earth had gone out and not just to the human species

I am seeing it happen

 

In what respect Mandy?

Mandy Leng said:

I am seeing it happen

 

Beautifully stated, Jaki.  Thank you for sharing.
Thanks John :)

John Lowe said:
Beautifully stated, Jaki.  Thank you for sharing.
in your poem and a friend of mine who spends a lot of time in the wilderness suddenly felt a calling to find people working to save the earth, he went on a canoe journey with the canoe families in the Northwest and was at the ending ceremony that was a huge occasion. Next he started helping Blue Thunder www.tetonrainbows.com organize a global ceremony on Sept 23 with the main one being in the Northwest with many people who are well known as medicine people. Another person who I communicate with on the internet is feeling that he wants to find people who want to live in community, the communities organization, www.fic.org is having more and more people go to their directory looking for communities and there are many forming all over the US and Canada and the rest of the world as a frugal and sustainable way for more people to be able to survive. Then the Indigenous people some of whom have been maintaining their culture in isolation are making themselves and their message more visible, here is a website with the 9/23 event listed
, www.earthwisdomfoundation.net if you are on Facebook I can send the poster also if you are interested
tigerzi } jaki said:
In what respect Mandy?

Mandy Leng said:

I am seeing it happen

 

Thats amazing and very inspiring, id love to see the poster thanks. ive sent you a friend request and i can give you my fb details there. thanks for sharing Mandy

Peace & love 

Jaki

Mandy Leng said:

in your poem and a friend of mine who spends a lot of time in the wilderness suddenly felt a calling to find people working to save the earth, he went on a canoe journey with the canoe families in the Northwest and was at the ending ceremony that was a huge occasion. Next he started helping Blue Thunder www.tetonrainbows.com organize a global ceremony on Sept 23 with the main one being in the Northwest with many people who are well known as medicine people. Another person who I communicate with on the internet is feeling that he wants to find people who want to live in community, the communities organization, www.fic.org is having more and more people go to their directory looking for communities and there are many forming all over the US and Canada and the rest of the world as a frugal and sustainable way for more people to be able to survive. Then the Indigenous people some of whom have been maintaining their culture in isolation are making themselves and their message more visible, here is a website with the 9/23 event listed
, www.earthwisdomfoundation.net if you are on Facebook I can send the poster also if you are interested
tigerzi } jaki said:
In what respect Mandy?

Mandy Leng said:

I am seeing it happen

 

this is the website that works for Intentional Communities www.ic.org

tigerzi } jaki said:

Thats amazing and very inspiring, id love to see the poster thanks. ive sent you a friend request and i can give you my fb details there. thanks for sharing Mandy

Peace & love 

Jaki

Mandy Leng said:

in your poem and a friend of mine who spends a lot of time in the wilderness suddenly felt a calling to find people working to save the earth, he went on a canoe journey with the canoe families in the Northwest and was at the ending ceremony that was a huge occasion. Next he started helping Blue Thunder www.tetonrainbows.com organize a global ceremony on Sept 23 with the main one being in the Northwest with many people who are well known as medicine people. Another person who I communicate with on the internet is feeling that he wants to find people who want to live in community, the communities organization, www.fic.org is having more and more people go to their directory looking for communities and there are many forming all over the US and Canada and the rest of the world as a frugal and sustainable way for more people to be able to survive. Then the Indigenous people some of whom have been maintaining their culture in isolation are making themselves and their message more visible, here is a website with the 9/23 event listed
, www.earthwisdomfoundation.net if you are on Facebook I can send the poster also if you are interested
tigerzi } jaki said:
In what respect Mandy?

Mandy Leng said:

I am seeing it happen

 

RSS

OM Times Magazine is a Holistic Green eZine with a Spiritual Self-growth Perspective for the Conscious Community.

Members


Credibility and Reputation

Join our group of authors on Goodreads: http://ow.ly/tUyAM


Google+
Alterative Medicine Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blogarama - Spirituality Blogs
Follow me on Blogarama
follow us in feedly

Help Support Us In Our Work and Keep OM-Times Magazine Free For All!!!




Where to find us

Google+

Contextual Links

Free Web Directory - Add Your Link

The Little Web Directory
web-ref.org

mondotimes

Find Local News Worldwide

mediaowners

Who Owns The American Media

Follow Me on Pinterest
Merchant Processing Service
web directories
Submit Your Site To The Web's Top 50 Search Engines for Free!
PullDirectory.com - Add free links and articles.

Ciford Web Directory

alarmg4s
SubmissionMonster.com

© 2022   Created by Omtimes Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Omtimes writer's community