In this modern age, with stress being all around us, it’s hard sometimes to find our own happiness and maintain our sanity. Everyone wants to make their relationship last and everyone wants to feel loved, happy and in harmony with their partner, but few experience it.
What makes a relationship work? What can couples do to keep their relationship in harmony and happy?
Harmony is about a mutual agreement of giving and receiving in the most balanced, loving and humble way, while maintaining the space needed for self-nurturing and self-love. You can realize it and live it in your relationship when you:
1. Become best friends. Understand the likes, dislikes, the fears, the pain and the gain of your partner and ask open-ended questions.
2. Explore your common vision for the future. Discuss your goals and your visions for the future. How does a great and lasting relationship look like to you? Follow through with this view and commit to realizing and nurturing it.
3. Be humble. Take responsibility of our own actions and say that you’re sorry when you mess up.
4. Be generous. Allow yourself to give with humbleness, to appreciate with love, to forgive with softness, to listen with care and to compromise while receiving your needs in return.
5. Invest in your own and constant self-growth. Follow through with your interests, your goals, your emotional needs and wants and share them with your partner.
6. Trust. Speak your truth, always and allow both of your fears to surface and share them gently together.
7. Listen and never forget. Listen very carefully to your partner and remember what interests them, what they enjoy, they dislike and most importantly, remember their stories.
8. Allow spaciousness. Give some alone time to yourself and your partner and do unique things that you enjoy and that make you feel good.
9. Get intimate. Express your love through hugging, kissing, caressing, cuddling, holding, and other forms of physical affection.
10. Have faith. Never give up on realizing the picture of a great relationship, especially when going through a big storm.
So my question to you is: If you were to make a change so you could live happily and in harmony in your relationship, what would you be doing?
BIO As a professional Relationships and Career Coach, I specialize in helping women with unfulfilled lives, access their inner resources to build a long-term relationship that meets their needs, and find a career path that is aligned with their life purpose.
I am currently completing my International ICF coaching certification through Erickson along with having an MFA, writer, registered yoga and meditation instructor.
If you have questions about relationships or career, you can contact me directly at www.mariettalifecoach.com