5 Common Misconceptions About Psychics
There are so many misconceptions about psychics that some of you may be skeptical about even talking with one. This irrational fear, carried on by the media and parts of society, has plagued us for many years. That’s why it’s understandable that someone might wrongly have a negative impression of psychics.
Below are the top 5 misconceptions people have about psychics along with my comments:
1. Psychics can connect to everyone. This is probably the most common misconception about psychics. People think we can connect to or read everyone and see everything if we’re truly psychic. The truth is, no psychic can connect to everyone all the time. If you’re the type of person who puts up a wall around your thoughts and emotions, acts skeptical or holds back information, any psychic will have a hard time connecting with you. But if you’re open-minded, relaxed and communicative, the psychic will be most likely to connect with you and make more accurate predictions.
2. Psychics are frauds. As with every profession, there are good and bad people. Not all psychics are liars and thieves. Most psychics really do want to help by giving you greater insight into your situation. Like me, they take their positions very seriously, and all they want to do is help you see your soul’s path more clearly so that you’re more empowered as you move forward in life.
3. Psychics have the perfect life. I know some people who think that since I’m psychic, I must know everything in advance and have the perfect life. But guess what? We’re just like everyone else, we have ups and downs in our lives too. Some things we can prevent with our gifts, but there are other things we have no control over. These things may simply be our predisposition destiny. In any case, our lives can be far from perfect. For us to work at our best, however, we strive to live as much of a peaceful and drama-free life as we can. So we try to live a perfectly calm life, but often times, that is not the case.
4. Real psychics do not charge you. Real psychics like me who make a living helping others must charge a fee to be able to assist you. We have living expenses just like the next person. If we didn’t charge for our services, we would be on the streets or working in jobs where we didn’t have the time or opportunity to share our gifts. And no one benefits from that. So we have to charge so that we can provide you with the best services possible without worrying about the lights getting turned off.
5. Psychics work with the devil. Most psychics that I know are God-loving, God-fearing people. We believe we received our gifts from a positive higher power and through his force we do our work. That means we think of ourselves as messengers more than charlatans. We believe we have a purpose in this life to help others and our gift is meant to serve the good of all people.
Most misconceptions about psychics are caused by lack of education/experience about who we are, what we do and why we do it. Presenting these five misconceptions has given me the opportunity to educate you and others on the truth, about psychics like me.