Just curious ... what does each of you think are some of the most important factors for health & wellness?
In my mind it breaks down thus:
Healing begins with:
1. Thought - it is the simplest part of the entire process on one hand,
but it is also the most difficult (IMHO). Even changing our thoughts has
an impact in our health.
2. Conscious Intent - to seek a healthy life.
3. Breath - and this part may actually need to be the first priority, so
it is not necessarily in the absolute correct order at this point.
4. ACTION! WE can't just think about getting healthy, we have to actually do something about it!
5. Resources. Sometime we need help understanding what is good for our body versus what we have been told and provided.
6. Variety. Food / Exercise / Activities / Meditation / Relaxation
7. Commitment to SELF. Taking time out of the daily, weekly, monthly
schedule to do what is needed to maintain good (mental / physical /
8. Laughter. Overlooked and under valued - but even the doctors say
"laughter is the best medicine!" Not the doctors who make lots of money
from us being sick... the ones who actually want the patients to be
"well!" Sometimes laughing out ourself is needed too.
9. No Judgments Against the Body. Be patient and loving of your body as
you begin to change your life. It will respond as you break the
lifestyle addictions in your move toward good health. The adventure must
be measured as "Progress NOT Perfection!"
10. Thankfulness. Being happy exactly where you are and setting goals
but being thankful for the opportunity daily for the challenges you
might encounter. Each day there is LIFE there is an opportunity for
improvement - but why wait till the last moment?
11. Enjoy! Get out and enjoy the living part of LIFE. Don't stay in
doors, on the computer, watching TV ... consider getting back to
I would like to expand on each of them ... which is what I have been
trying to do with the editorials, but the real substance and depth of
understanding will come from each of you. I am NOT a writer by trade or
skill level. I write because I have so much inside me that I need to get
out and share. :-D
I hope that our health and wellness specialists will step up and out and
start sharing your wisdom. I try to lay a foundation for your work as I
myself learn more about keeping healthy daily.
Love & Light to you each.