Grieving is a painful process—when we lose someone in any capacity, we are often overcome with the realization that they will never have the same role in our lives anymore. We are also hit hard with the impermanence of all relationships. This meditation is meant to help relieve both the pain of grief and the fear of loss—be that of life or relationships.
This is a compassion-based meditation, so it will be founded in love for ourselves and for the other. We must simply trust in the power of our hearts and the love of the Universe as a whole while practicing this. Through this compassion, we can release pain.
MEDITATION FOR GRIEF:
- First, we can begin by taking some deep breaths, closing our eyes, and making sure that we are in a place where we will not be disturbed. Grief itself is an emotional process, so let’s make sure that we are in a location where we can safely and peacefully let ourselves feel all that we need to.
- Now we can place our hands over our hearts or, if we cannot make this gesture, we can simply imagine our heart center glowing. Both of these actions (or both combined) will help to affirm that this is a meditation of love and will be founded in this compassion. We can always, at any point in this meditation, return back to a centered place, here with our heart. This may help to center us in times of emotional duress.
- We begin to picture our loved one in their most pure state…a radiant smile on their face, their eyes gazing or closed in a peaceful manner. We see a glowing light around them, seeming to come from under their skin from the core of their being. Through this, we can directly feel their presence, their energy, perhaps even smelling something associated with them or feeling as though they are right here next to us. If emotion arises, we know that they will stay with us and allow it to flow. They will help us bring love into all painful feelings, as a guide and being of light in this moment.
- We now see our loved one in a glowing energy field, perhaps a color that we associate with them, or maybe just pure bright white or golden energy. They are floating, content and comforted in this light, and we are here in this field of energy with them.
- The light begins to swirl around them, coming from the love in our hearts combined with the unconditional love of the Universe. We can feel this light erasing any pain our loved one might have experienced and it also moves through us to lift the sense of pain and loss around this relationship. This light moves in union between us and our loved one. We feel a sense that we are rising, together, to a higher state.
- Here, we take some time, at least 2-5 minutes to simply witness the light flowing around us and our loved one. We may choose to speak with them now, or we may just wish to remain with their energy and the sense of love surrounding us. We know that this light heals us both physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, preparing us for whatever we must do to heal and bring peace into our relationship and our hearts.
- We may also choose to say a goodbye or ask for the Universe to provide a sense of closure for us. As we do this, we slowly see the light brighten and brighten, and the sense of love deepens.
- As the light’s intensity increases, we slowly see our loved one fading into it, held in the arms of the Universe and coated in loving energy. We know that we do not have to be in physical connection with them to feel the love here, and that they do not need to have a connection with us in order to experience joy as well.
- We can remain within this energy for as long as we need or wish to, knowing that it is healing both us and our loved one in whichever ways we need.
- When we are ready to leave the meditation, we imagine the light carrying us down to the ground and placing our glowing spirits back in our bodies. We hear and sense the Universe affirm that we are loved, safe, and comforted with this healing light, and that it will remain with both us and our loved one forever.
- As we are placed back in our body, we take a deep breath, wiggling our toes and fingers, shrugging our shoulders, then opening our eyes. We feel centered, awake, and peaceful after this meditation, fully trusting in our experience.
Arien Smith is a passionate writer, healer, and intuitive individual. Through personalized readings and distance energy healing, he can help you find peace even in the most painful times of grief. If you would like to access this wondrous source of recovery, you can email Arien at firstname.lastname@example.org or take a look at his website: http://weareallsacredbeings.com/