Abstract: Cultural delusions about love. As part of saving our world, what if we focus on how we can bring forth the bodily felt sense of love? Simple things we can do to reconnect, experience and catalyze that love.
As humanity continues in the quest to experience love we often proselytize about it and try to control it. What if we accept love is beyond the physical, and is eternal in nature? What if embrace the bodily felt sense of love as an experience that arises out of being connected to ourselves and our loving source?
As we look for answers to save our planet, we must admit our delusions around love. What if we stopped complaining, analyzing and attempting to figure out love? What if we change the beliefs, perceptions, telepathic agreements and other habitual choices that hold us back from love? What if we focus on how we can bring forth the bodily felt sense of love, allowing it to catalyze the changes that we want to see in our world?
Things we can do to enhance our ability to bring forth the bodily felt sense of love…
- Ask the question, “What is the nature of experiencing love?
- Breathe and connect with ourselves and our loving source. Remember that we are one with that love.
- Embrace movement as way to literally move beyond our old ideas and beliefs about love. Dance, sing, walk, run and move in ways that shake things out. Allow the space to open to the radiance and deeper expression of love we can have. Welcome the greater intelligence to guide us. Discover whatever stands between feeling stuck and experiencing the true nature of love.
- Change the beliefs that hold us back. A common belief to change is that love is not always available to us. Change it to embrace the fact that love is always with and within us. We are made of the love and one with our loving source. We can also change the belief that some people experience love because they are just lucky. Love is one with us no matter what our condition. Our task is to allow it to be realized.
- Let of criticizing and judging ourselves and others. Observing thoughts, feelings and behaviors does not require making any judgement. We are all in a process of awakening to the love that we really are. People who hook and trigger our attention give us the opportunity to embrace, reclaim and reeducate the aspects we see reflected in ourselves.
- Release the perception of love as a condition requiring obligation and sacrifice.
- Learn to love ourselves, no matter what the evidence. Gay Hendrick’s best selling book, Learning to Love Yourself, is a great way to speed up the process. We can practice bringing forth the bodily sense of love by thinking of ten things we like about ourselves or another person.
- Respect the fact that each person has a different way and reason for how they think, feel and behave. Don Riso and Russ Hudon's book, The Wisdom of the Enneagram, is a good way to awaken to an expanded way of understanding and feeling love with the people in our world.
- Cultivate healthy boundaries. Healthy boundaries are a supportive and compassionate way to experience love.
- Acknowledge we live in cultural continuity of addictive denial, avoidance and disconnection from real love. Surround and immerse ourselves in friendships, relationships and community that support the shifts in the way we think and feel about the nature of love.
- Remember that dis-ease comes from cutting off our connection with ourselves and Source. We can choose to connect at point easy or keep holding back until we are at point crisis.
- Let go of the concept that we fall into love and fall out of it. Love is who we are. Experiencing love is a choice, a gift of self that we allow when we connect with ourselves and source.
- Love as a gift without expectation or need to reciprocate.
- As embodied souls, we can express our love in many ways, places and forms. Generous acts of service, patiently listening to another, sexual interaction and expressions of our inspiration, motivation and purpose in the world.
- Embrace our love as a catalyst for bringing forth love in the world.
About the author:
Crystal is a certified expansion guide with the Total Integration Institute. An author, multidimensional coach and facilitator for the live event called Freedom at the Core. She is the instructor and coach for her online course, Freedom From the Inside Out. She draws from her own experience and the experience of the thousands of people she has worked with over the past 35 years. Crystal is known for the fun and empowering way she supports people in bringing forth the experiences they want in their lives. Currently she is writing a series of children's books that embrace the principles of living freedom.