Spring is about making fresh starts. Housewives wash down walls. Gardeners plant vegetables. And you can detox to improve your overall health. Here are some key items to consider for detoxing your body.
Detoxing is a high priority for those desirous of a healthy lifestyle. Both diet and exercise increase your health advantages. Combining the following foods in the tastiest manner will aid in your detoxing.
- Fruit – eating fresh fruit is very important, and any kind of fruit is okay. Real fruit juices also work as long as they don’t contain sugar or preservatives.
- Vegetables – the same rule will apply with vegetables as with fruits, eat. Any combination that appeals to your taste buds works.
- Beans and lentils – Water-packed beans are ok; oil-packed are not.
- Tofu and quorn – These are both popular meat substitutes
- Oats – sprinkle them over fresh fruit. Cook them. Enliven their taste with fresh fruits or honey.
- Fresh fish – A great aid for detoxifying. Avoid oil-packed fish.
- Live yogurt – Probiotics in live yogurt help settle digestion
Avoid these Foods
- Red meat, chicken, turkey and other poultry
- Processed meat products, such as sausages, hotdogs, processed luncheon meats, and pate
- Milk, cream, cheese and other dairy products
- Eggs, butter and margarine
- High salt snacks like potato chips or other snack chips
- Chocolate, candy and other sweets
- Caffeinated drinks such as tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Premixed retail salad dressings
Detoxing your body twice each year will result in improved overall health, and reduce the problems associated with the dangers of pollution, toxins, and stress that is faced each day.
Detoxing Your Mind
Your mind and the thoughts it thinks are the Cause of all that you experience, including the health of your body. If you detox your body without detoxing your mind, you will simply recreate those bodily toxins. Stress can be greatly decreased via meditation.
I cannot tell you what to remove from your mind, but I can give you a few tips for things to look for:
- Most importantly, what kind of thinking makes you feel most uncomfortable? Discomfort is the mind’s way of saying “This isn’t good for you.” Remove these items first and replace them with thoughts that you consider good.
- Do you consciously govern your thinking throughout the day, or do you set aside a period of time to do this daily? It’s as important for the conditioning of the mind as exercise is to the body.
- What is the oldest type of discomfort you experience? What can you replace it with?
If you try detoxing your mind using these three tips, you’d make great progress toward more success and greater happiness by this time next month, and I think you’d be delighted with yourself!
Take Action Now
Which should come first: detoxing your mind or detoxing your body?
Which three steps can you take to provide the greatest improvement for yourself this month?