Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it. ~Plato
I don’t believe there is a human being alive today who isn’t interested in maintaining a healthy, shapely physique, but one of the areas where all of us struggle is getting up early in the morning to do those early morning workouts. Here are a few tips that can help you to “rise and shine.”
- Think about how good you always feel after your workout. Use that feeling as your motivation.
- Remember how energetic you feel after your workout. And think how guilty you’ll feel if you don’t do it! Both will help to keep you motivated.
- Get plenty of rest. Go to bed earlier the night before you know you’ll be exercising.
- Place your alarm clock somewhere in your bedroom that makes you get up to turn it off.
- Turn the lights on in your bedroom as soon as you turn the alarm clock off.
- Try to arise at the same time each day to re-set your internal alarm clock.
- Be ready for your next early morning workout. Have your workout clothes ready for getting dressed upon arising.
- Eat something light before you exercise to have enough fuel, but reward your workout with a nutritious breakfast afterwards.
- Be sure to do a light warm up exercise to get your blood flowing.
- Find a workout partner or buddy. It’s harder to say “No” if you know someone else is counting on you.
- Use your morning workout as a time to exercise your dog if you don’t have a workout partner. Take a toy like a ball to make it more fun.
- Listen to music to keep boredom from happening. Load your favorite music to your ipod.
Studies show that early morning workout people are much more likely to stick with their workouts once they get used to getting up at that time because in 21 days, it becomes a habit. Early morning workouts will help you by increasing the blood flow inside the body and by burning excess calories. Early morning workouts will also help you to be active the remainder of the day and they’ll increase your metabolism.