Abstract: As politics takes a center stage we wonder how to get clarity with so much chaos happening in our world today. Embracing this time of history as a doorway to bringing forth a new context of living. Asking ourselves to stand fast, trust and focus on the divine intention and purpose of our country, in living freedom and well being for all. Things we can do and focus on to be part of embracing politics and being part of the resolution.
“All politics are personal and depend on trust” Joe Biden
As the very fabric of our society is being rewoven we ponder the issues of how to bring forth a free, safe and abundant world for all. As politics takes a center stage we wonder how to get clarity with so much chaos, fear, distraction and polarization happening in our world today. Politics is the means for connection, interaction and decision making for taking action on this extraordinary task. What if embrace this time of perturbation as a doorway to bringing forth a new context of living? What if we stand fast to trust and focus on the divine intention and purpose of our country, in living freedom and well being for all.
As we ask ourselves these questions we can focus on…
- Envisioning new possibilities. Changing beliefs and perspectives about the nature of politics. Shifting our thinking that politics is about competing for power, over-coming or succumbing. Asking the question what is the nature of experiencing politics as a beneficial, dynamic and empowering way to serve our world?
- Creating a new story. Barbara Mark Hubbard, author of Conscious Evolution, refers to this time in history as a birthing of a new humanity. A time of homo sapiens emerging into a new species called homo universalis, a higher conception of humanity that co-evolves with nature, co-exists with high-tech genius, co-creates with spirit and leads with love.
- Vibrating and and circulating our energy through meditation, yoga, dancing, walking and other energetic practices to support us in experiencing our interconnectedness with ourselves, our world and our source. Opening the space to receive all the information, insights and ways to take action for resolution.
- Being curious about the politics of own country and others around the world. Re-educating ourselves about our own Bill of Rights and Constitution.
- Embracing our politicians. Focusing on all the beneficial aspects of them. Appreciating their willingness to pursue their education, experience and serve our country. Remembering that every day they are faced with making important decisions about the dilemmas of humanity. Embracing the personalities, backgrounds and cultural beliefs that influence their choices. Envision them acting out of trust and knowing that the world contains sufficient resources for everyone. Supporting them in making the choices by inspiring them with the freedom we stand for. Visualizing them with obstacles dissolving as we remember that there is always a path with no resistance even in the halls of Congress! Reminding ourselves us that freedom starts within each of us.
- Taking full responsibility for our internal politics. Freeing ourselves from whining, shaming, blaming and resisting as ways to get what we want. Asking ourselves how the politics on our outside are reflecting back the politics we have on our inside? How are we treating our spirituality as separate from our inner state of being? How are we polarizing the different aspects of ourselves by trying to control and manipulate what we think is right or wrong? Over-riding and stressing our bodies and emotions? Deceiving ourselves and others?
- Embracing our toxic anger. Taking responsibility for embracing our healthy anger while freeing ourselves of judgement and held resentment. Having compassion for ourselves and others. Remembering that we become what we resist, changing our focus from revolution to conscious evolution.
- Remembering we were born with propensity to trust. In his highly respected book, The Speed of Trust, Stephen Covey reminds us that trust is the one thing that is common to every individual, relationship, team, family organization, nation, economy and civilization through out the world. “Trust is the one thing which, if removed, will destroy the most powerful government, the most successful business, the most thriving economy, the most influential leadership, the greatest friendship, the strongest character and the deepest love”. Low trust creates hidden agendas, interpersonal conflict, interdepartmental rivalries, win-lose thinking, defensive and protective communication all which reduce the speed of trust in every decision, every communication and every relationship. On the other hand, trust can be cultivated, developed and leveraged, and is that one thing that has the potential to create unparalleled success and prosperity in every dimension of life. Many of the most meaningful events in business, history, literature and life have hinged on profound moments of trust, on people who were willing to extend trust in amazing ways!
- Acknowledging that things are in the world are getting better, not worse. Steven Pickner, author-speaker, reminds us that we are living longer, suffering less, learning more and fewer are repressed. As humans we have the ability to think about our thinking, shift our emotions and use all the other abundant resources and extraordinary capacities we have to make life enhancing choices. We can do it!
About the author: Crystal is a certified expansion guide with the Total Integration Institute, author, multidimensional coach and facilitator for the live event called Freedom at the Core. She is the instructor and coach for her online course called Freedom From the Inside Out. She draws from her own experience and the experience of the thousands of people she has worked with over the past 35 years. Crystal is known for the fun and empowering way she supports people in bringing forth the experiences they want in their lives.