Part II of Fifty Shades of Grey vs Twilight
Fan fiction vocabulary, people and places:
- Fanfic—fan-fiction; the rewrite of characters in hit movies, books and computer games to create an extensive of the old ended series or game.
- Drabble—short story in the fan fic realm
- The Writer’s Coffee Shop- published 32 e-books in 2011—mostly from writers who got their start in the fan-fic world.
- Omnific— publishes writers who have received significant numbes of reviews from satisfied readers on its fan-fic site and pays them a percentage of of sales as opposed to a traditional advance.
- Elizabeth Harper, founder of the e-book publisher Omnific Publishing.
- Twilighted.net—created by Elizabeth Harper and devoted to the fanfic vampire genre with more than 2000,000 postings about the Twilight Series.
Recient Top Successful Works from Fan-fic
1.) 50 Shades of Grey
2.) Gabriel’s Inferno
How are Twilight and Shades of Grey similar? Oh, let me count the obvious ways:
- Preditor vs prey
- The love tringle
- Obsession with food
- “Shocking” first touch
- Stalker & Stalkee: Like Edward and Bella, Mr. Grey always knows where Ana is, appears unexpectedly to “save her,” then guards her throughout the night without sexually touching her, because like Edward, he doesn’t like to be touched. This closeness in proximity but not physicality establishes a bond between them and sets the stage for their relationship.
- Bella/Ana is isolated from her family and friends by Edward’s/Grey’s secet dangerously demented life.
Tomorrow in Part III, I will cover differences and similarities between the main characters of Fifty Shades of Grey and Twilight Saga.
Bio: Kathleen O’Keefe-Kanavos is an author, radio host & Patheos blogger. To learn more, follow her @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/SURVIVING-CANCERLAND-The-Psychic-Asp...; listen to her 4 radio shows from her website @ www.survivingcancerland.com