Five Body Detoxification
We all are well versed with the term ‘detoxification’. Detoxification simply means elimination of toxins from our body. But detoxification is just not related to physical body detoxification it is a holistic term extending to other four light bodies surrounding our solid form.
Our being is made of 5 bodies. The first is our physical body – the solid form. The next four bodies are the light form. Encompassing the physical body is the etheric body. Covering the etheric body is the astral body. Covering the astral body is the causal body. And encompassing all the bodies is the super causal body.
Let’s understand what comprises these five bodies and the different ways to detox these five bodies.
1. Physical body – physical body or the gross body is simply the vehicle of all the other bodies during physical incarnation. Gross body needs gross food, drink and air which it gets from Annamaya and Pranamaya Kosha. Annamaya kosha simply put is the 'foodstuff' sheath (Anna) and Pranamaya kosha is the energy sheath (Prana/apana).
Detoxification – Physical body detoxification is the process of neutralizing and eliminating toxins from the body. Detoxification works on the cellular level and promotes the body to use its own natural healing system in fighting disease. Detoxification rids our body of dangerous substances, restores vitality, and improves our overall health.
Different approaches to physical body detoxification are:
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
4. Drink at least two quarts of water a day.
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
6. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
7. Practice Colon Hydrotherapy- It makes the digestive system more effective.
8. Take an Infra-red Sauna Treatment – Heating of the tissues enhances metabolic processes. Greater cellular energy production facilitates healing.
9. Scrub your skin with a dry brush or take a foot spa treatment to remove toxins through your pores.
10. Do yoga, jump-roping, Qigong. Qigong is martial-arts based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing.
2. Etheric body -The etheric body or the ether-body is a name given by neo-Theosophy to a vital body or subtle body. It’s the lowest layer in the "human energy field" or aura. It is said to be in immediate contact with the physical body, to sustain it and connect it with "higher" bodies.
The Etheric Body gives vitality, health, life and organization to the Physical Body. It steps energies from the higher bodies down into our physical consciousness.
Detoxification: Detox of the Etheric Body and the etheric universe is done by practices such as pranayama, tai chi, chi Kung (qi gong), and Taoist yoga as well as simply by paying attention with the idea of energy in mind.
3. Astral body - The astral body is a subtle body. It is related to an astral plane. The Astral Body gives us the ability to have desires, emotions, imagination, and psychic abilities. It lends power to our thought which is essential for effective action and manifestation.
Detoxification : Detox of the Astral Universe is done by meditation, psychic development techniques, out of body (astral) travel techniques, shamanic practices, lucid dreaming, drugs - especially psychedelics, certain pranayama practices, and certain types of energetic stimulation.
4. Causal body - Karana sarira or the causal body is the storehouse for consciousness and virtues cultivated in each person's lifetime. It is also the sum total of experiences from all past lives. The causal body holds the impressions of subconscious mind and karmic account. The impressions in the subconscious mind are also known as vāsanā-s. Karmic account and vāsanā-s together decide the personality of a man.
Detoxification: Kundalini meditation and Sri vidya meditation are powerful practices for rejuvenating causal body.
5. Super causal body - the super causal body is jīvātman, which is our soul. Soul consciousness is a feeling of 'I am presence' - Aham brahmasamee.
Detoxification: The highest state of meditation that is delta state makes one feel the absolute soul consciousness. Sri vidya meditation is one such powerful meditative practice to rejuvenate soul consciousness.
Following the above mentioned 5 body detoxification process, one can cleanse his/her aura and rejuvenate spiritually, mentally and physically.
Bio: Sunanda is a life coach, tarot reader, psychic and a published author. She can be reached at www.sunandatarot.com