Everyone has dreams of the kind of life they want to live. A happy, joyous family, a prosperous job, and lots of free time to pursue the things they love, just for starters. Health is a huge part of this equation.
It is not uncommon for people to experience health issues that prevent them from pursuing something they love. They are tired, foggy headed, achy, or just want to rest and zone out after a long day at work. They simply don’t have the energy to go after what they want or make the changes that would help them to do so.
It can be overwhelming to think of what it might take to heal. Even those who feel inspired by life one minute may simply feel too tired to take action the next. When a person experiences this over and over again, hopelessness can set in and people may even stop trying to improve their health altogether.
The good news is that there are simple actions that can be implemented right now in small, incremental steps to help boost energy and overall health. Every healing journey begins with a single step, and small steps can add up to big improvements to health.
Here are 5 tips that can be added to one’s health regime today. Don’t worry about starting all of them at once. Pick the one that inspires you the most and go for it! Once you have that one down, then pick another one, and another, and another…
1) Morning Lemon Water – Add pure lemon juice to a glass of warm water in the morning, from a few drops to a tablespoon. Lemon supports liver and gallbladder function, contains antioxidants, provides immune-boosting vitamin C, and can even boost your mood and energy levels.
2) Gut-Healing Bone Broth - Have you ever made your own bone broth? Bone broth contains beneficial minerals and amino acids needed to heal the digestive system and toxic cells, as well as provide essential nutrients to your body. You can find a recipe by clicking here.
3) Drink Plenty Of Water - Monitor your water
intake for the day. Many times people feel tired, hungry, achy, and cranky simply because they are not drinking enough water. For the next full day, record how many ounces in water you drink. If you are not drinking at least half your body weight (200 lbs = 100 ounces) in water, then gradually increase your water intake over 14 days, until you eventually reach this desired level.
4) 10pm Bedtime – Go to bed by 10pm and get a full 8-9 hours of sleep. Most healing occurs at night due to the production of human growth hormone, which is used in regeneration and repair of your body. The main production of this hormone is between 10pm and midnight, when sleeping. The more sleep you get between 10pm and midnight, the more healing hormone your body produces.
5) Make A Smoothie For Breakfast - Blending up vegetables and fruits for a smoothie is a great way to maximize your nutrient intake in an easily digestible, delicious drink. And, it's a great way to get extra raw veggies into your diet. You can find a recipe by clicking here.
When small changes start to show results, people become inspired to continue their healing journeys. After all, health is essential to enjoying all other aspects of life. Giving up on health really isn’t an option if you want to maximize the joys of life. Start making positive changes today by implementing the tips above.
Lee Ann Kalaba is a practicing Doctor of Chiropractic in Tucson, AZ. After a decade in Corporate America as a CPA, she experienced a severe injury that was the catalyst of her healing journey and put her on the chiropractic path. Now, her vision is to utilize chiropractic care and health coaching to help people improve their health so they can pursue the life of their dreams.
Synopsis: Everyone has dreams of the kind of life they want to live. Without true health, it isn’t surprising that creating one’s dream life feels exhausting or impossible. You don’t have to fall into this trap. Set yourself up for success with these simple health tips that can get you back on the road to vibrant health.