As we head into the end of this year, it is natural for many of us to look back at what we’ve accomplished, heave a sigh of relief that we survived, and quickly shift our focus to next years goals.
Setting fresh new goals and starting the New Year with an ‘I can conquer the world’ enthusiasm, which our planet desperately requires right now, feels awesome but doesn’t usually last long. Why?
Because we don’t have the energy to follow through with our new lofty goals. We don’t have the stamina because we are leaking our energy all over the place on unfinished business from years past.
To be the spiritual leaders we are here to be we must consciously care for ourselves. Physically, mentally, spiritually and energetically.
We can tell if we are leaking energy because the symptoms are straightforward.
Leaky energy symptoms.
• Tired or lacking energy
• Forcing ourselves to move forward with our goals rather than in the flow
• So busy we are spinning in circles and not getting anything done
• Lots of ideas but nothing to show for it
• Bored a lot of the time – life lacks passion
The good thing is our energy leakage is easy to clean up once we get started. Let’s take a look at the three places to start cleaning up leaky energy and building our power up:
1. Wrap up incompletions. We often start things and don’t finish them. Ranging from courses and projects to conversations with others. We may start cleaning out our closet or the garage and don’t finish because the project is larger than we thought. When we have incomplete projects our focus, attention and energy are still going to these events, even though we may only think about them occasionally. The energy leaks can show up as us being uncharacteristically indecisive, having many balls in the air but little or no results to show for it, or feeling heavy and slow throughout the day.
2. Eliminate what’s stale and stagnant. Doing things that no longer serve us is an easy and common rut to fall in when we aren’t paying attention to our intuition. For example, every year at the end of the year I publish a Marketing Planning Guide that has the upcoming marketing trends for the new year. Last years revision felt old and flat and, while the information was still good, it didn’t get downloaded nearly as much as in the previous years. The energy was stagnant and I took the easy road by following my routine of updating it rather than creating something new. We can see this in our everyday life with the foods we eat, exercise routines we’ve been doing forever and even routes we drive to work. There is a time and a place to shake things up, and we know it’s time to do so if we are paying attention to our intuition.
3. Don’t forget your environment. We also want to do an energetic cleaning or tune-up of our physical space. If we are struggling in a specific area put the focus there first. For example, if business is slow, clean out the office. Including old books (are those 20-year-old college textbooks still hanging out?), lamps and fixtures, pictures or awards, anything that feels outdated. We can do the same with our wardrobe, our bedroom, the pantry or refrigerator.
For us to be the spiritual leaders our planet is in dire need of today, we need to take care of ourselves first. Taking the time right now to clean up energy leaks and give our full selves to our endeavors is a gift for all of humanity.
About Kelly Robbins
Author of Trust Your Next Step: Creating the Confidence to Cut Fresh Tracks and the podcast http://www.FreshTrackswithKellyRobbins.com, Kelly created her first business over 16 years ago, truly embracing the entrepreneurial spirit. Today she helps others live their divine purpose, live life as a fun adventure, and discovering how to lead the right clients to their door consistently. Join us for a free meditation for your success in business visit http://www.KellyRobbins.net/meditation.