When we were growing up, we were taught 5 MAGIC words:-
As Children when we used to, use those words, adults would pull our cheek in an adorable fashion and grant our wishes. How I wish our world would be this simpler as we became adults.
Unfortunately, as we grew up; we continued showing our virtues to the public but, some people around us are in a hurry and would not express their acknowledgment of our words. That eventually threw us apart, and we realized the value of these MAGIC words. These words were meant to create magic ONLY when we were children and not as ADULTS.
How did this happen? How did the world change? What happened?
Nothing happened; these same few adults will pause IF a child is using those above words and admire the kid for good manners but they do not have TIME when adults show appreciation or affection towards any deed.
Time is the essential element that adults have been struggling with once; they turn adolescent.
The man is running around throughout the day 'cause he fears that if he stands and admires the beauty around him, appreciates the gifts, blessings, and his achievements; he will lose something precious.
This valuable thing that he is apprehensive about it is, "Time!"
Time is such a noun; that was never given weight when we were kids, but once out of college, and into a path of making money, this time, becomes an opportunity to gain everything big or small.
Thus, letting man allow himself to get lost in the materialistic world thus, lose the feeling of gratitude towards his Fellowmen, towards Nature, towards Destiny, and also towards Himself.
When he achieves something in his life, he thinks he has made it because of his hard work and nothing in the world can help change his views on it. Sure, all achievements are accomplished because of hard work but being Humble and bowing down to the Universal energy for Luck, Fate and Direction and his fellow brethren who could make it possible can make his progress look bigger.
How can being courteous be good for the health?
1. Let off the EGO: When someone has exceeded our expectations, there could be a spurt of ego within. But if we could show amiability and support his success by uttering a few words of appreciation. This act not only boosts the other person's confidence as he would confide in us but also help us drain off that self-pride thus leading to a healthy heart and a happier being.
2. Compassion Rules: When an individual is suffering, and you put his needs before yourself. This kind of act not only melts the heart of the patient but the compassion makes your heart pump more fluid in and out of it, which is a good sign of a healthy heart.
3. Your Attention, your benefit: Giving time and attention to people should not always be considered a 'time-waste.'Appreciating someone's presence by a gentle smile or a look into their eyes while they express their dilemma could give long time results that are expressed as 'karma'.
4. Self-Awareness: Have the awareness to draw a line between being obnoxious versus having a disagreement over work or ethics. Control of temper is the key. Self-awareness precedes self-management.
5. Give Room: Giving space to others to grow and not controlling them talks a lot about the individual of how caring and kind this person could be. Positive feedback from peers is a great sign of a good health as vibes around are appreciative of this person.
The Magic words can still work their magic if the adults learn to pause and use them. They tend to bring in compassion, affection and mercy not just within but has the supernatural power to change the surroundings to positive.
Being Gracious can do wonders to our personality and our health. Just joining our two hands together can create such a ripple within our self which will make us feel humble. This familiar feeling will give us a direction in life esp when the mind tends to wander off on a path of non-existence. It is a beautiful feeling to be humble and to be able to thank the existence around us.