Most feel they are in total control... and stress free.
But are you?
Here are a few questions that will give you an idea as to how much stress you really have.
- Do you exercise everyday? - Did you know exercise increases endorphins in your body that creates more serotonin in your brain so you feel better and your mood improves. The more you exercise the less stress you have and the less chance of having depressed.
- Do you talk about your feelings? - Do you allow yourself to talk about your feelings with friends? Studies show that those who talk about their feelings... are far less stressed.
- Do you think positive thoughts? - You can exercise all you want but if you’re cynical about life it won’t matter... you’ll still have stress. Think Well - Be Well!
- Do you have time for God, the Universe, and the Tao - a Spiritual Time? - The more you give up all your unsolved problems to your Higher Power the more peace you have, and the less stress you have in your life. Studies show bear this out!
- Are You Healthy? - Do you get proper medical attention? Are you taking vitamins, and all the medications you are supposed too? Do you have a complete physical every year? People who have proper medical care, supplements, and herbs have less stress.
- Do you allow yourself to give and receive love? - The more we give love to everyone the less stress we have, studies bear this out. Studies show that having lots of love in our life and giving love lowers stress.
- Do you eat a warm healthy meal at least once every day? - Fast food and junk food creates stress and that stress translates into a huge lack of energy. Take the time to cook a great slow cooked meal everyday... and less stress in your life.
- Do you have supportive family and or friends who are no more than 30 minutes away? - Studies show our immune systems work better with supportive family and friends around.
- Do you make enough money to pay your bills and save for your dreams? - Studies show that money problems stresses people out, and everyone should have at least one year’s worth of salary in their savings account to feel more at peace. I know this is not easy... but I have seen people do it and make life easier.
- Do you have fun at least twice a week? - All work and no play creates stress! You have to schedule time to play, that’s important too! Play should be natural and easy, just like getting up in the morning.
- Do you organize your day? - Lack of organization at home and work makes people feel stressed out. Organizing makes life much easier and less stressful.
- Do you have time for yourself? - Doing lots of things for other people makes us feel good in the short run, and it’s great, but we soon feel used up if we don’t take care of ourselves. Take at least one hour ever day to do something that makes YOU FEEL GOOD!
- Do you take responsibility for your actions? - Studies show that blaming others makes us slide down the tubes of life into stress and depression. Grabbing hold of the reins of life and taking responsibility will make life better... with less stress.
- Do you have a social life? - Do you go out at least once a week? - Having fun with friends is important, most people go from work to home and back again. That’s not life, that’s being a robot, break loose, have fun and enjoy life!
- Do you breathe deep throughout the day? - Holding our breathe is one of the first things we do when we feel stressed, and it lowers out immune system. Learn to do belly breathing like a little baby in the hospital... it will make you feel much less stressed!
- Do you give back to society of your time and or money? - Studies show that when we help the world we feel better and our immune system is given a boost. Helping the world helps us heal.
- Do you take the time to practice yoga? - Studies show the more we take time to stretch the less stress we have. Yoga is great for stretching the body and relaxing the mind, and it takes your mind off of all your troubles.
- Do you meditate? - Studies show that the more time we spend relaxing the mind the less stress we have. Meditating for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening, concentrating on your breathing and allowing your mind to disappear... it will do your body good.
- Do you read, work crossword puzzles, or play chess? - If you put garbage into a computer you get garbage out. Being a couch potato does not help the mind. Read - reading something peaceful is relaxing and helps the mind feel at peace... and keeps the mind active at the same time.
- Drink Lots of Water - Most people don’t drink enough water... and being dehydrated will make you tired. Drink lots of water and feel good!
- Do you wake up excited about life and ready to go? Or do you drag out of be dreading life? - If life’s not what you want it to be, then change your life! If we keep looking at the same closed door when there are thousands of open doors... it only creates depress and stress.
- Are you willing to learn and be flexible in your thinking? - If we stay stuck and unwilling to change that creates stress. Opening your mind to lots of possibilities relaxes the mind.
- Do you sleep deeply and wake up refreshed? - Almost 90% of the people have some kind of sleep deprivation. We need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep... check with your doctor and alternative health care person and get a good nights rest.
- Do you listen deeply? Or do you already have an answer ready long before the other person is done talking? - Those who listen well and talk less... have less stress in their life.
If you have 18 or more of these stress factors in your life... you have a lot of stress, and just one particular stress can put you over the edge.
Time to make changes... a wonderful life is waiting!
Dr. Paul Haider - Master Herbalist and Spiritual Teacher for over 20 years, helping people to recover and feel healthy. You can also find Dr. Haider on FB under Dr. Paul Haider, Healing Herbs, Shambala Spiritual Transformation Institute, Meditation for the Soul, and Relax Into Success, Punjab teas, and at www.paulhaider.com - feel free to contact him any time. Also check out Dr. Haider’s radio show at http://www.thesourcecenterradio.com/The-Relaxed-Soul.html Sept. show to be about “Doing a Spiritual Cleansing”
Dr. Paul Haider, Master Herbalist, HH, Stress, Meditation, Sleep, Listen, Flexible, Excited, Water, Read, Yoga, Society, Breathe, Social Life, Responsible, Organize, Fun, Family, Friends, Money, Health, God, Positive Thinking, Exercise,