As I get older, my sensitivity to sound seems to be increasing. Many sensitive people have this and my daughter who is a sensitive and with Asperger’s, has it too. Genetics, a wonderful thing, right?
How do I cope? We have a favorite little diner and we like to go at least a couple times a month for breakfast or lunch. However we go in between normal busy times. We stop in around 10 or 1:30. So it’s mostly empty, but sometimes the music is still too loud or people start coming in so I may embarrass who ever we might be with.....
I carry earplugs, which conform to your ear, foam earplugs.
I pop them in and the sound is greatly reduced. I can eat with them in just fine and by doing so I can enjoy my experience. The first few times I did this the cook and serving person looked at me a bit oddly, trying to figure me out I'm sure! They know me now and understand that I have sensory difficulty with sounds. I use them in the movies too. I go to least crowded viewing times, and my ear plugs take all the sounds down to a manageable level. I still hear dialog, and the music track but more comfortably.
Give it a try if you start longing for the sounds of silence.
1. Schedule time with you: Spending time alone creates the space needed to release emotion, energy and stress.
2. Positive Affirmations: Short messages that train thought patterns. An example "Let me receive what is in my best and highest good at this time"
3. What are you wearing? Metals, leather and rubber can affect your energy field. Metal buckles near the sacral chakra (which is the center for intellect and manifestation) can disrupt the flow and block it. Rings can hold energy as well. Leather and rubber soles keep you from making a complete energy circuit with the earth. You need to complete this circuit as it absorbs negative energy and uploads positive. I suggest limiting the use of metals, leather, and rubber and going barefoot as often as possible.
4. Centering: Align yourself with spirit and get out of Ego. Try to live in the moment and whatever emotion comes up express and release it.
5. Stones: Some people find that crystals and gemstones aid in clearing negative energy and maintaining balance. Choose yours by trying several different stones, and by paying attention to how each feels. Stones either ground or amplify, so choose wisely.
6. Aroma therapy: Essential oils can enhance well-being. Choose what elevates or calms your mood.
7. Forgiveness: Forgiving others and forgiving self is one of the most powerful tools you have. It will clear your energy and raise your vibrational rate.
8. Meditation: Quiets the mind so you can center, be present and listen to the voice within. It is about achieving stillness. This allows you to center and connect with your Divine self. When you have that you can then connect either to the earth or with the Divine Source. It's all the same really, just choosing which door to enter.
9. Soothing Sounds: Relax yourself using music or nature sounds
10. Animals and Nature: Being in Nature or spending time with your pets is a great way to relax, clear energy and connect. Animals transmute energy. They receive negative and upload positive. Trees do the same minus the purr. Put both hands on the tree, see negative energy flowing from your right hand into the tree, and see positive energy entering your left hand. Continue until you feel balanced.
11. Exercise: Yoga is effective because it combines breathing, centering and grounding. A wonderful way to raise vibrational energy. Any physical activity can be used as bridge, taking you from one mindset to the state of being in the moment.
I'm an intuitive empath and I share what I've learned to guide and support others. You can visit me and read my blog at LynnZambrano.com