Covid-19 has forever changed us and how we live. Here is some advice about how to find happiness and success post-Covid and release the anxiety the future unknown holds.
We cannot deny that the world will forever be different as a result of the Covid-19. It's a little disconcerting at times knowing that things aren't what we expect them to be. It can feel a little upsetting or worrisome sometimes when we can't rely on what we used to rely on. But the beauty in this is that it is forcing us to trust in ourselves and in the divine. It is forcing us to let go and look forward instead of steadying ourselves on the reference points of the past. Good news! Our post-covid future does have happiness and thriving in it. You may just not see it, because we are entering a new way of living.
Since we are entering unchartered territory, there are no examples to draw on for comfort. Simply put, when you have no past to refer to anymore (or when the past you had no longer applies), there's no reference point to refer to. We must, instead, be like a child, experiencing life anew and making it as we wish it to be, not as it once was.
This is what the new energy of the world is presenting us with. It's weird...and it's exciting. It's unchartered territory and we are the adventurers. Where do you want to go? All the tethers that held you back are dissolved. Will you acknowledge you can now move forward in ways you never were able to before? What will you do now that you are free?
To help navigate these new waters, here are some tips to keep you from floundering:
1. Follow your north star. Your heart knows. You know. Trust in yourself. No longer fall into the trap of thinking someone else knows better than you when their opinion doesn’t light you up. It doesn’t make their suggestion wrong, just not right for you.
2. When you are feeling ungrounded, upset, or just not like yourself, ask, "What joy is under this discomfort that I'm not choosing?" (Then choose it). Joy is at the core of our very being and it is always present, but usually buried under a bunch of crap like our worries, judgments, and fears. When you ask to find the joy it presents itself. You must then be brave enough to choose it.
3. Stop looking back to what you used to do and how you used to act. With no expectations upon you to be a certain way, how would you like to be? The past does not have hold of us like it had in the past (no pun intended). It is gone and it is time to leave it behind and move forward into new territory.
4. Laugh...and laugh often. No one else knows what's going on either. Sit back and enjoy the ride knowing it can be an enjoyable one. A light, playful, and joyous nature creates swiftly and easily. When you laugh and see the humour and delight in this new world we are living in, things can happen as if by magic. And,
5. Ask for your new future to be brighter than you can imagine or have ever known. Then smile and be bright to match that. Whatever was prior to Covid-19 is no longer. We are now living in a new world. We will never go back to the way it was for better or worse. It is time to acknowledge that and step forward knowing a bright future does lie ahead when we let go of the notion that we need to go back to the way it was.
Fay Thompson is a Certified Access Consciousness Facilitator, author of the best-selling books So Help Me God and Azez Medicine, and spiritual teacher who offers private healing sessions and consciousness workshops. She also is the owner and editor-in-chief at Big Moose Publishing. Fay's mission is to assist others to become more of themselves, own and share their voice, and embrace all of what makes them different. For more info on Fay and her work visit www.faythompson.com or www.bigmoosepublishing.com.