It may be day or night,
Perfect silence or deep uproar
There is a watchmanship of silence at work. Words turn a person into a beggar and silence places on the human head the crown of the emperor of the inner spiritual kingdom. The individual despite being in shackles is free; but for being in the grip of longing despite being free we are slaves. In the desert of burning passions one’s worth is not more than a fig, but you, see in the matter of dreams and aspirations even a king is at the level of the laymen, for I think that Whether there are dreams or aspirations,
Thoughts or reflections, all give us the message of our metropolis;
Death teaches the glory of life;
Mountains, valleys, seas, the sky give us an idea of our comprehensiveness.
The consciousness of time teaches us that infinite and eternal we are;
Air suggests to us the tune of ‘Oum’.
— Let there be the wails of lamentation or peals of happy laughter,
— Helplessness of circumstances or the sobbing state of the environment,
— Angry words of complaints or utterances of curse,
— Showers of blames or the pains of law violations,
— The fragrance of love or the drops of enthusiastic aspirations,
— Flowers of smile or the thorns of tears.
All feelingly make us realise their individual significance.
• Hungry bellies, moistened eyes, faded faces— do they not lift the corpses of comforts?
• Does the loneliness of trouble not look for happiness and comfort?
• Do broken hearts not give the message of death?
• Wild cries, the bitter gesture of envy and jealousy, the mode of thinking of rascals and ruffians, the solitude of love, the disappointment of hopes, the accidents of earth-quakes and whirlwinds, the cunning prattle of the wicked people, the tricks of the corrupt people, do they not transport us to the consciousness of death and throw our life into the pit of suffocation, helplessness and despair?
• The fragrance of flowers, the beauty of nature, the juice of fruit, the taste of vegetables, the redness of the sun, the bluishness of the sky the flights of birds, the stability of the trees, the unshaken stand of mountains, the light of the moon, the bashfulness of a woman, the fearlessness of man, the spiritual ecstasy of Krishna, Buddha and jesus, the joyful symphonies of Shehnai do they not make life beautiful, are they not a boon for life, are they not life themselves?
But what does actually happen?
The individual may live anywhere, may it be a palace or a hut, there comes a constant hum of quarrel and bickering and of envy and jealousy. Why?
Why is not there heard the thundering voice of love and peace?
And this silence, takes us beyond the challenge of death and the lullaby of life into the sweet and fresh music of the universe. The immaculate expansion of silence takes us into the music of depth as well as exalts us with the attainment of height. Very lucky they are who follow this path and hear this music of the spheres, who enjoy this zest of taste, who know this secret that they are not finite beings, but infinite; that they have no end and are endless. It is only with this realization that a person becomes happy, peaceful and contented. Then begins the start of a new life with new aspirations:- Then fears and worries born of the womb of the moments, the grief of incompletion, the painful sighs of weakness— all vanish in moments, then silence comes with only essential utterances and life proceeds with essential matters, “feelings” proceed only in the right direction to the place where freedom rises in revolt and where slavery has worn out itself. When they become votaries of dedication and devotion only then do they get their freedom which takes them to infinite bliss. But the individual has developed his interest in utterances while true friendship is shown only by ‘silence’. The individual’s life rests itself only on utterances while the necessary thing is to enshrine life into the heart of silence. This journey is the journey of freedom and freedom comes with knowledge. Knowledge is born of the womb of silence. Silence leads the individual to the quintessence of life, while the sabres of utterances can even kill life. when life blossoms in silence:-