Vision is the master of the senses. Half of our brain’s resources are dedicated to seeing and interpreting what we see in the world around us. No wonder then that color as healing method is so effective and powerful.
That is if you still ‘see’ the color in your home, your clothes, your garden, your food or your speech. Or have you become so absorbed in life’s challenges that you have forgotten about the importance of stillness and engaging all your senses, even your sixth sense?
Color healing and therapy take many forms. One of the most insightful ways is to use color for self-knowledge, growth and development: When out of the blue (excuse the pun!) you are attracted to a color that you have never noticed before you must know that something is up… It most probably means that you are entering a new growth phase. For example, if blue has never been your favorite color, but these days nothing but blue catches become of the signs that the universe is sending you. Are you forced to listen to yourself and others, do you feel misunderstood or your messages are unclear, do you need to speak up for what you believe in?
Here are 10 ways to use color as your therapy:
1. Rub high frequency color oils on aching parts of the body.
2. Get a rainbow massage. The color therapist uses different color oils on different parts of the body.
3. Indulge in a color reflexology session.
4. Make and drink solarised water.
5. Buy decor accessories in the color that you crave.
6. Give your wardrobe a make-over. Make sure you have scarves, accessories or clothing in every color of the rainbow.
7. Carry colored crystals in your handbag or pockets.
8. Create a rainbow on your plate. Include foods of all colors in your diet.
9. Write a color mantra to keep you going when days are dark!
10. Visuale your favorite color when you feel anxious or stressed.
Wishing you many happy color days!