Life can take many turns and twists yet when we are on the path to going where we belong with those who love and support us the pathway to getting go(o)d is the best part. We get to explore, release, heal, and transform our little self to our Higher Self.
It takes a deep awareness and understanding of faith and how fear tries to stop us. It starts with a belief in the self and its connection to our inner wisdom which allows us to rely on faith. Being willing and aware of fear allows us to move past the blocks of sabotage it uses to block us. Fear takes many shapes and forms; judgement, anger, vengeance, depression, meanness, and envy.
Your spiritual sensitivity to the games played by fear and ego, as well as, being aware of faith enables you to move forward. Begin right where you are, no need for another class, or book yet here are some ways to outsmart your fear filled ego and get go(o)d.
- Know you are AWESOME!! Stop selling yourself short with "yes, but" and "next time". You know what you know and are amazing at being YOU!! Let go of trying to imitate anyone and step into the greatness of you. We spend our lives trying to live the American dream of "stuff" and "getting" yet YOUR dream needs to be dreamed not just in your mind but in your life right now!
- Lift your limits. Who says you can't, shouldn't and its impossible?? Let go of limited thinking, it's the easiest trick of the ego. You can do what ever you put your mind to because that is where a dream starts, in YOUR mind. Dream BIG and don't ever give up. You can find a way when you have faith.
- Don't fit the mold, make a new one! There is NO ONE like you anywhere in the world. We are made as individualized expressions of love so shine, sparkle, glow. We can't have anyone else's experiences or life, so might as well live the precious one you have like you mean it. Express yourself in all the ways your Spirit guides you to be.
- Be inspired. Connect with kindred spirits, those who you can learn, grow, teach and aspire to be like. Mentors and inspirational people keep us on on our toes to keep going and show us the way to overcoming the odds, passing the past, and kick ass! Staying inspired is faith filled life force. Read, study and practice being inspired.
- Respect yourself. No one can treat you anyway unless you let them. Establish firm boundaries, guidelines, and integrity for yourself that you hold accountable to YOU. Allow yourself moderation in moderation without judgment. Remember lesson 1.
- Guard your dreams. Misery loves company and that is not the company you need in your life, see lesson 4. Your dreams belong to you and are your passion, purpose, and priority. Don't let others shake you from your path with their stories of doom and gloom, that's their tale of tears not yours. Own your own story and keep it close. The lucky ones who earn the privilege of knowing your dreams will also hold it as sacred as you do.
Our lives have meaning and value, we must remember this, We are here for a purpose and this is the only lifetime we have to actualize the dreams inside, no one can do it for you. Faith will lead the way and shows you the way to getting go(o)d.
Getting Go(o)d Column by Tonya Melendez